Do i need a new psu?

Man of Honour
These are oem psu's and are a ancient design. I can only find reviews on the 400w version and that one only has 336w across the 12v rails so I am guessing that your's has significantly less than 300w. I would say that you are cutting it fine and would advise you get a decent 450/550w psu.

Man of Honour
Whichever one of these you choose will easily run your pc but what case do you have so we can be sure it will physically fit?

Hard wired cables

My basket at Overclockers UK:

The two Antec VPF models are Dela built units with dual 12v rails of 420w and 540w respectively and both have a 3 year warranty.

The XFX XT is a Seasonic design but not actually built by them and has a single 480w 12v rail and a 5 year warranty.

The Superflower FX450w has a single 408w 12v rail and a 3 year warranty.

The Superflower Golden Green HX 450 and 550 both have single 12v rails of 444w and 546w respectively and both have a 5 year warranty.

The Antec Truepower classic 550w has dual 12v rails giving a max of 540w and a 5 year warranty.

Fully modular. More expensive but easier for cable management as you only use the cables you need. Unfortunately there is a distinct lack of choice on here of quality modular psu's under 550w.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

The XFX is a Sesonic built unit with a single 12v rail of 540w and has a 5 year warranty.

The Superflower has a single 12v rail of 550w and a 5 year warranty. Be warned though because it has bright white leds where you plug the cables in and they cannot be turned off.

Last edited:
Associate
the Antec/Delta (VPF models) are great, I've used these myself in the past and delta is a brilliant company and make some of the best units for dell, hp and other companies who offer mission crirtical server grade stuff so you know its good.

Back
Top Bottom