New Computer Advice/Comments.

Associate
Good Morning Guys,

I am planning on creating a new computer with the view of adding in Two GTX 1080 SLI Configured at a later date - Reason is i don't purchase a new computer very often so trying to future-proof the computer the best i can at the moment - I will initially have one GTX 1080,

Just wondering if you have any suggestions or tweaks to make. Thanks for your time!

Case
FRACTAL DEFINE R5 BLACK QUIET MID-TOWER CASE

Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-6700k Quad Core (4.00GHz @ upto MAX 4.60GHz)

Motherboard
ASUS® Z170 PRO GAMING: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs

Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)

1st*Hard Disk
500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

2nd*Hard Disk
3TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE

1st*DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Processor Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler

Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)

Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If this is just a gaming pc then you don't need 32GB Ram. A 2 x 8GB kit would do fine.

The Noctua cooler comes with thermal paste, so you don't need to buy extra.

Lee32uk, You are correct that lowering the ram might be best.
But considering i do not purchase computers very often and trying to future-proof the PC the best i physically can at this moment in time. Also the computer is not just a gaming rig, it will be for a mixture of gaming/work - Basically trying to get the best of both worlds!

I also plan on upgrading the monitor to go along with the new computer,
Just wondering if you have any advice or opinions on a new monitor bearing in mind what i will be using it for and bearing in mind i will be adding SLI configuration in the future, so i do not really want to upgrade to another monitor set-up later down the line Although saying that i have heard that TN screens are not that great - IPS is apparently better!

Also, I plan on using SteelSeries Keyboard/Mouse with the computer, simply due to i have used SteelSeries products before in the past and really like them - more of a personally preference

Thanks for your time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom