Corsair 250D Z170i Pro Gaming & H100i V2 - Will it fit?

Associate
Does anyone have the same setup? I have just recieved my 250D from Amazon and swapping out from the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini-ITX but struggling to get the H100i v2 fitted?

I checked before and people managed it with the impact so have I wrongly assumed the Pro Gaming was fine?

I have managed to squeeze it in by turning it so the tubing is at the front and the fans are on the outside but it is pressing against the CPU 8pin even though I am not using the removable support bracket and the only extra thickness is from 1 set of screws holding the fans to the case and radiator.

I have 2 screws in the top of each fan going through the chassis and the bottom holes are just holding the fan to the radiator.

I was hoping to build a nice little Corsair/Asus red/black RoG build but starting to think I should return the 250D.

I have ordered SP120 fans and a 480GB XT SSD to finish the build (excluding a GTX 1080 which I am still undecided on).

Anyone managed to get it fit securely?

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/mofbc7Q

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Really want this to work, big fan of corsair cases and did want use of an optical drive but if I'm going to have to force this in and put pressure on the 8pin or not have the fans working fully then it's not worth the risk.

Associate
OP
Anyone got this build?

If I can't get the parts to fit I will send back the Corsair parts I have ordered and keep the Phanteks whilst I am still in the returns window.

Associate
OP
Think I'm going to give up and avoid damaging my board.

The CPU 8 pin will have pressure against it so not worth the risk.

I managed to fit it in backwards but even then it still wasn't secure, putting it in the right way is a squeeze between the I/O for PS2/USB with the hose resting on that and the radiatior/screws on the fans pressed against the 8pin.

Guess it is only the impact that can work with this cooler :(

Associate

I managed to fit it in backwards but even then it still wasn't secure, putting it in the right way is a squeeze between the I/O for PS2/USB with the hose resting on that and the radiatior/screws on the fans pressed against the 8pin.

Not sure about size of the H100i V2 but I have the H100i working good with a Gigabyte Z97N-Gaming 5 motherboard,

it is tight and I do have to screw in the motherboard against the pressure off it springing out from the I/O plate , Also have placed the 8pin under the radiator into the 8pin socket,
I've had it like this since March 2015 and had no problems,
If you are unsure about doing it then I would just send the case back
btw I havn't got a cd rom plugged in as I've got no need for it

Hope I've been some help

Associate

Sorry I'm a few years late, I've gto a 250d and the h100i v2 and it fits.. Put the cooler with fans into place before the motherboard

Back
Top Bottom