Get why people like modular now ha

Soldato
This is my messy setup of my haswell build in to my newly acquired aerocool DS case, probably could do a tidier job, but was such a pain I can't be bothered, just needed it all to work lol, but I see why people like modular supplies, the feed of the cables to the top were no big deal, but getting the power supply in bending the cables and Much as I could was no fun task.

But it's in now and all seems to be working and I like how where a floppy drive likely go is big enough for a 3.5 hard drive :).

Sorry if the pics are too big, I used my phone and photobucket was being slow.

Soldato
OP
micro atx, its the asus H81M-Plus, it is a perfect fit for the case as it is inline with both edges where as the motherboard Msi A78M-E35 that was originally in it had a few millimetres from the expansion side which also is micro atx.

Associate
Micro ATX boards do vary in size slightly. That case is positively spacious compared to the Rajintek Styx I've got. I agree that with m-atx builds, modular is the way to go.

Soldato
That is a mess. Fortunately it's a spacious case and you shouldn't have much of a problem once you give it some thought and get cracking with the cable ties.

Soldato
OP
ha cheers, it is a mess, usually i do abit of cable tidy on my builds, but this was a pain, so once i got it all connected i just moved and tucked some cables away so they dont catch the fans and so i will be able to put the side panels on, just at the time i was using a atx tower case so had plenty of space for the type of power supply.

any to think i wanted a sharkoon or similar size ha.

i know the boards vary, but i couldnt remember the actual size thats why i mentioned my board instead. this is what i just got from the asus site - uATX Form Factor
9.6 inch x 7.2 inch ( 24.4 cm x 18.3 cm )

Man of Honour
Rather stingy on the case's cable lengths aren't they? If they were longer it would make it much easier to be able to route them out of sight. If it was me I would be rewiring those with longer cables. If you think that's tight you should try building a pc in a Sharkoon CA-M with a non modular psu. That case is less than a foot square and makes for some "interesting" cable management. :D

Soldato
OP
ha that is exactly the case i wanted, more so after watching a youtube of one next to the ds case i have, that or something from AVP as they looked interesting, but did read they were tight fits.

mean the seasonic was a christmas present and did originally ask for the modular version, but wires were crossed(no pun intended) so i got this one instead which i am more than happy with just obviously wouldve been easier with the other one, but its all working fine, just need to plan the tidy up as certain cables are a little bit of a stretch.

Back
Top Bottom