***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato

Well the day has finally come. Dayz Standalone is now in Alpha.

If you'd like to have a little look what the game is like, follow our twitch channel @ www.Twitch.TV/thefallenunit (thanks)

You can buy this from Steam or from bohemia store. You don't need any other addons, just buy the game and let it install!

Just wanted to mention that we at cq247.co.uk recently got a new Dayz SA server.

All welcome, for those that dont know us we have been running Battlefield servers since the start of BF3 and have an active community and forums (and TS)

So make sure to pop on and have a look on cq247.co.uk. Fresh blood always welcome.

MarkeR TS :

DAYZ OCUK SERVER :

TFU TS3:
ts.thefallenunit.co.uk

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally looking forward to getting some info on the SA. Although a lot of my hype for it is gone, lets hope they can revive it with some good features.

Caporegime
Thanks for the thread Goon, glad you're doing it :)

As for me, I can't wait for standalone personally, our clan has been itching for something new for AGES and since the hack fest of WarZ and the tedious gameplay of Planetside 2 we need something new. I can see DayZ SA coming out some time late summer or late this year, hopefully it's sooner though. I need my DayZ fix!

Last edited:
Permabanned
That video isn't doing anything for me, looks pretty crap tbh. The only thing I thought stood out was the new inventory system.

Caporegime
just replied on video what i thought the actual mod we have now is actually better.

well see i guess but no vehicles on launch aswell. should have added em now until redone tbh.

Associate
I think it's coming along nicely, loving how the loot spawns, the inventory system and the movement. The zombies still need a ton of work though, and the game still needs a ton of polish.

It's coming along, but it will now need to improve at a fast rate, or lose peoples interest.

Associate
I like the look of the video and I'll remain open minded about it. There's still much improvement, but I like how it seems more fluid and smooth in comparison to the current mod.

For my sanity it needs to be smoother. I broke my leg running out of a doorway yesterday and provided a nice meal to a couple of z's as had no morphine :( - God damn glitches!

Caporegime
Looks much better but the zombies need a lot more work, they hit u when not actually touching you and clip into the ground. The inventory looks good! Though in all this time they've done this with DayZ????? What the hell have the devs been doing in all this time, most of this is mod addition worthy.

Associate
Looks much better but the zombies need a lot more work, they hit u when not actually touching you and clip into the ground. The inventory looks good! Thing is though in all this time they've done this????? What the hell have the devs been doing in all this time, most of this is mod addition worthy.

It's hard to see the progress as a lot of work has been done to the background architecture stuff, with a new engine and what not. Essentially they turned it into an MMO where everything will be server side. They took a ton of risks and put in a lot of work, but they are finally at a position where they can build up the game how they want it.

If you check out what rocket says on reddit, it's easier to understand why it's taken so long. Also he said this about the zombie animation/damage in the vid:

Very Important
Matt forgot to explain the situation with zombie attacks:
Basically, we made a new system for the zombie animation attacks, but there is no event handler for that yet because it just went in this week. We need the event handler to synchronize the animation with its attack effects. Currently, as a placeholder, it simply plays the effect half a second after the animation is started.
The event handler is scheduled to be finished any day now, which will allow us to sequence the attack. It's a very trivial change but will obviously instantly improve the output.
It has nothing to do with hit detection, animations, or anything. It's how it is designed a placeholder.
Because we are rewriting many parts of the engine, problems like this (i.e. known bugs waiting for replacement of placeholder elements) are very common through the development as we wait for the sequence of development to occur.
tl;dr
The zombie attacks aren't sequenced for the animations because its a new system thats 50% coded and waiting for event handlers to allow synchronization, which is trivial to implement once made

bJN

bJN

Soldato
It's hard to see the progress as a lot of work has been done to the background architecture stuff, with a new engine and what not. Essentially they turned it into an MMO where everything will be server side. They took a ton of risks and put in a lot of work, but they are finally at a position where they can build up the game how they want it.

Take On Helicopters is not a new engine and is, in the most part, directly portable from ArmA 2 as they share the Real Virtuality 3 engine; only some of the calls differ for different scenarios.

Soldato
OP
I liked the look of it tbh!!

End of the day its on an Alpha build and while there are some great Dayz Mods of Mods coming out, these guys are the experts so i'm sure over the course of the next 12 - 24 months we'll have a truly addictive game

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm pretty much fed up with dayz at this point, I played hundreds of hours of the mod but really can't see me picking up the standalone unless it does some amazing things, As it is it's not appealing to me

Permabanned
I'm pretty much fed up with dayz at this point, I played hundreds of hours of the mod but really can't see me picking up the standalone unless it does some amazing things, As it is it's not appealing to me

If it was going to be a full priced game I would agree, but as I understand its going to be £10-£15 (not inside knowledge just what I get from reading these forums) at that price everyone should buy it no matter what :) Even if it sits in your Steam library for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom