PC upgrade time.

Soldato
PC upgrade time. Couple of Questions.

I've left my rig to decay for a long time and its not time to upgrade and Im looking at the following

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Between the 1060 or maybe a 480 Nitro+ OC as they are the same price which option do you people recommend?

I'm coming from a q9550 with 4 GB ram and a Radeon 6870 so I'm expecting that this should be a fair improvement.

Also would a 6700K be a better option. I'm really only going to be gaming on it so was thinking the i5 should be good enough. Only game at 1080p

Ta.

Last edited:
Soldato
Save yourself some money and get the 550w variant of the Superflower. Easily enough for your needs. I'd also recommend dropping to 2400Mhz RAM - you'll notice no real world difference and save yourself some more in the process.

The savings could go towards a better GPU like the 1070.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the feedback. Had though about dropping the psu good shout on the ram also. I'll see if there's any more in the kitty I can squeeze for a 1070

Soldato
OP
Well today's the day :D EXCITED.

Been a long time since I did any upgrades on my pc so cant wait.

I change to the bundle you mentioned Mickyflinn and the PSU and Ram you said Exrayted.

Couldn't justify the extra on the 1070 for gaming at 1080p and no plans to upgrade my monitor at the moment (for another time)

Had to change the cooler as it wasn't going to fit in my case (extra research) and decided to throw in a 1tb HDD and I'll be reusing my ssd and 500 GB hdd.

So thanks for the input and roll on the build and BF1 beta :)

And to top it all off Richersounds lost my AV Receiver that was away for repair and I'm picking up a free replacement with free 6 year supercare today too.

If Carlsberg did gadget Thursdays this would be right up there :)

Back
Top Bottom