Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
None are going to be in the top. Italy grows rice such as those used in Risotto like Arborio.

Not really the same kind of rice. That is the sort of short grain rice they use to make risotto.

I couldn't live without my glutinous rice or basmati rice :mad:

Being half Italian half Filipino, I grew up in a family where people were very particular about rice :D

Soldato
I banged my head getting into the car this morning and I'm wondering if it's more serious than I thought, as the Brexit thread has now morphed into one where we now appear to discussing "rice". :confused:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Restricting immigration will be at heart of Brexit deal, Theresa May says

Theresa May has agreed with her cabinet that restricting immigration will be a red line in any negotiations with the EU, in a move that experts claim will end Britain’s membership of the single market.

“Several cabinet members made it clear that we are leaving the EU but not leaving Europe, with a decisive view that the model we are seeking is one unique to the United Kingdom and not an off-the-shelf solution,” she said.

“This must mean controls on the numbers of people who come to Britain from Europe but also a positive outcome for those who wish to trade goods and services.”

Well this is going to be interesting because free movement is one of the core tenets of the EU, doing away with that will cost us.

Associate
My view on acceptable Brexit terms:

1) Still allowed free trade with the EU (point 3 below is the bargaining tool)
2) Able to setup own trade deals outside EU with no EU interference
Your first two points are already totally contradictory with each other.

In your scenario UK could agree with China whatever they want and have every ship from China just stop in Felixstowe on the way to Rotterdam and this would circumvent 100% any and all China-EU trading deals.

Have some realism.

Soldato
TM doesn't seem the sort who deals much in compromises. I think it's quite clear this is shaping up as "Brexit means FULL Brexit".

Refreshing to see a politician not bottling it - negotiations will be interesting as it seems likely the EU will be forced to reform its own policies on immigration regardless of Brexit.

Caporegime
Switzerland is looking to be a problem.

Not only do they want immigration caps after thier referendum.

The EU is looking to ban/crack down on gun laws across the EU after the paris attacks which could remove the rights of men to keep thier rifles after service there.

Caporegime
"Seems likely" you say. Source?

"Seems likely" means its his interpretation of current events.

What ****ing source are you expecting for a personal assesment?

Its clear though that immigration is becoming a major point across the EU, with many national elections being dominated by it meaning more and more politicians will have to say they'll do something about it.

Soldato
Your first two points are already totally contradictory with each other.

In your scenario UK could agree with China whatever they want and have every ship from China just stop in Felixstowe on the way to Rotterdam and this would circumvent 100% any and all China-EU trading deals.

Have some realism.

Like the EEA then.

Soldato
Switzerland is looking to be a problem.

Not only do they want immigration caps after thier referendum.

The EU is looking to ban/crack down on gun laws across the EU after the paris attacks which could remove the rights of men to keep thier rifles after service there.

I'd be interested to know how the EU could impose gun control legislation on the Swiss.

Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom