Response Time 14ms / 5ms GTG
Refresh Rate 60 Hz / 75Hz with Display Port with FreeSync
Aspect Ratio 21:9
Resolution 3840 x 1600
Brightness 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio Mega
Viewing Angle 178 / 178

"1ms Motion Blur Reduction"
A monitor’s response time is absolutely critical in games. The 1ms Motion Blur Reduction feature will allow gamers to enjoy the precision and accuracy needed to play at a very high level. With a response time that is virtually 1ms*, blurring and ghosting are dramatically reduced to make the in-game action smoother and gamer reactions more quick.

http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/2866343/

** Do not Hotlink images **

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Shame its not G-sync.

Also I don't quite dig these strobed backlights - first, we want "flicker-free" monitors, than we deliberately make them flicker severely (just at hundredth hertz, like and old classy CRT). Maybe its good for motion blur but its not easy on the eyes at the slightest - tried it with Z35 and it caused massive eyestrain for me.

Last edited:
Associate
When I read 1ms on the advertising of an IPS monitor, then I read it's about something-something Motion Blur Reduction, then that it's virtual and is followed by an asterix..... I dont buy it. But many do. So this is all good :D

Soldato
When can we expect this? Also how will that aspect ratio work for movies as one of the reasons i have been looking at getting the ultra wide monitor is to lose the bars on films :)

FTL

FTL

Associate
When can we expect this? Also how will that aspect ratio work for movies as one of the reasons i have been looking at getting the ultra wide monitor is to lose the bars on films :)

The ratio is only slightly different and so will offer the same no-black bar experience you get on any other ultra-wide. Besides the 3840 x 1600 res matches perfectly with the resolution of UHD films so this can natively display UHD Blu-rays; this is why LG have chosen this resolution.

FTL

FTL

Associate
So the big question. What defects will the retail spec have?

Given it's part of LG's new IPS Ultrawides it should have the same much reduced BLB and IPS glow you find on the 2016 screens like the LG 34UC88. Anything else is anyone's guess.

Back
Top Bottom