Did your B grade Monitor come with a power brick ?

Man of Honour
Would you expect a B grade Monitor to come with a power brick ?

As title really.

Just received a monitor, but no power brick to power it, so not even able to see if it works.

It was missing other leads, manual/disc and screws to mount the stand to the monitor - But these are minor things that i am happy to accept with B grade.

But surely the power brick should be classed as a neccesary part and not an accessory?

Anyone bought one recently ?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah the power brick has gotta be included as theyre different for each monitor. Maybe when they tested it they forgot to put it back in the box, give them a ring.

Man of Honour
OP
I'd expect a power brick...

Yeah the power brick has gotta be included as theyre different for each monitor. Maybe when they tested it they forgot to put it back in the box, give them a ring.

Thanks, thought i was being reasonable in expecting one.

Spoke to Customer Services who offered a refund/collect - but unable to supply the missing brick ( not sure how they managed to test it without one ? ).

I've ordered a 'brick' for £23.99, so atleast i can test it next week sometime.

OcUK might want to look at being more 'transparent' with B Grade products, and their descriptions, if customers have to spend more money to get the items working.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Could be an RMA replacement - some manufacturers assume the sender has kept the accessories from the original monitor.

Man of Honour
OP
Could be an RMA replacement - some manufacturers assume the sender has kept the accessories from the original monitor.

True, but wouldn't an RMA replacement be designated to the customer who originally returned it ?

For clarity - The monitor was supplied B Grade from OcUK, not direct from a manufacturer.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks, thought i was being reasonable in expecting one.

Spoke to Customer Services who offered a refund/collect - but unable to supply the missing brick ( not sure how they managed to test it without one ? ).

I've ordered a 'brick' for £23.99, so atleast i can test it next week sometime.

OcUK might want to look at being more 'transparent' with B Grade products, and their descriptions, if customers have to spend more money to get the items working.

Possibly they didn't test it, I've had bad experiences with two cheap, chinese bricks, so I'd advise spending a bit more on a decent one.

Man of Honour
True, but wouldn't an RMA replacement be designated to the customer who originally returned it ?

For clarity - The monitor was supplied B Grade from OcUK, not direct from a manufacturer.

Dunno exactly at OcUK but sometimes companies will issue a replacement out of their own stock and RMA directly with the manufacturer under some circumstances i.e. when the customer has been messed around in some way. Other times might be an item returned under CCR is actually damaged and needs replacing by the manufacturer.

Man of Honour
OP
Possibly they didn't test it,

Possibly, but this would go against what OcUK are stating :

Hi there

B-grade product is of course tested, as faulty items go back to manufacturer, it is their replacements which go in to b-grade.

So this item was tested by OcUK, with the power brick necessary to test it, but they then decided that it is not necessary to supply it to the consumer ?

I've had bad experiences with two cheap, chinese bricks, so I'd advise spending a bit more on a decent one.

I have sourced the genuine LG replacement power supply for the monitor, at my expense.

You could argue that why didn't i just return it?

That is missing the point, a product advertised as B grade ( and therefore tested ) should actually be in a operable state, and not require further monies to be spent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom