Is my screen buggered

Soldato
As I was cleaning my screen last night, the side of the screen tapped against my pc case and I never really thought anything about it as it was quite a light tap. Anyway when I turned on the screen, the bottom right corner was black and miss coloured, then after 20mins or so the first white line appeared at the bottom.

It seemed that the longer the screen is in use for, the more lines appears and they don't go when you turn off the screen

Image1.jpg

Associate
obvious i know but are you sure you have not disturbed a cable connection while
moving it during the clean.

does it get any better / worse if you pinch the corner of the housing.

Soldato
OP
I noticed if I shine a torch on the corner of the panel when its switched off, you can see that its blacker where the damage is, as a lcd is not totally black when switch off. When it was just black and miss coloured in the corner, rubbing a cloth over it would slightly bring that back to life again, but it didnt last and then all these lines slowly started appearing from nowhere.

Im just shock a small tap on the side of the monitor and the screen is buggered. Do panels get brittle and weaker when they get old?

does it get any better / worse if you pinch the corner of the housing.

Dont think so, its hard to tell now with these white lines that are now all over the original damage part.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom