Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Soldato
I've upgraded to Nougat. Not sure why I have massive white notification backgrounds, seems like an unnecessary waste of battery.

Except a 5x doesn't have an OLED screen and nor would it make a real difference to battery life if it did. Unless you spend hours on end in the notification section.

Soldato
Iv had my Nexus 5x about a month now however I have issues with the headphone jack is faulty by the looks. When I plug in I get a pulsing noise and some sound.

Iv tried a different set and it's the same

I don't really use the headphone jack unless sometimes when I'm at work and it's on my desk and I make a call.

Seems odd for a headphone jack to stop working after 1 month with careful hands.

Can this be warranty resolved ?

Edit: was the earphones

Last edited:
Caporegime
No ETA for 7.1 afaik.

As for pixel launcher, there is a leaked apk of an older version floating around but it is crap, too basic, just install nova launcher or action launcher and get the look/ui and way more features which the pixel launcher will never get....

EDIT:

Been a while since I posted any photos:

Camera is just stunning, no need to faff about with manual settings or/and taking multiple shots, just point and shoot.

Last edited:
Soldato
I might just get this phone as an upgrade to my Nexus 5.

It doesn't need replacing, but I've had it for 2.5years and waited patiently for the Pixel as that was what I was going to get but it's way to expensive.

Q.

1. Would you say the Nexus 5x is a decent upgrade to a Nexus 5?

2. I'm with 3 at the moment and find lots of blackspots with no reception. I.e Hampstead and now Farrigdon are completely no reception.

I noticed on the GSMArena webpage that the Nexus 5x has support for a lot more 4G bands, will this help at all?

3. I'm hoping the Nexus 5x will get the Android 8 update?

---

I cant bring my self to get an S7 @ £490. Software updates as and when are far too important too me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
For me, yes.

Better camera (on par with the gs 7 for photos imo), screen (anandtech rate it as one of the best especially for calibration), fingerprint scanner EDIT: Also fast charging which is great, iirc, only beaten by the one plus 3...

The performance is good especially with nougat. Battery life is about what you expect, you will need to charge every day or 2 like most phones and the speaker isn't exactly great but it is front facing which is a nice bonus.

Design is ok and build is good, better than the n5 overall imo.

My main complaint with the 5x is the vibration motor, it really is crap.

The only other phone I would look at today is the one plus 3, I would probably even take it over a gs 7 tbh, more stock android + lots of nice tweaks and updates can't be any worse than Samsung...

No idea about number 2 and for number 3, I will be shocked if the nexus 5x doesn't get the next big android update...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom