*** Motorola Moto X Style/Play Thread ***

Soldato
Wasn't aware I was comparing the two as equals!

And agreed, the point of my post was that people have differing needs. For me 64GB is a load more storage than I've ever had, so it's brilliant. Obviously you're used to having more storage available so want to have more available :)

Fair do's...

The OP3 is a great device and a gives a punch in the guts to manufacturers who charge premium prices for their products.

I'm a self confessed media junkie and I would like to have as much space available to me as I can ;)

Associate
I've just bought a Z Play if that counts? ;)

Nearly :D

Amazon have an offer of a free Off Grid Moto Mod battery if bought with a Moto Z. They don't have any stock of the battery though and awaiting it being released. Being Amazon I was a little tempted to try one and send it back if I didn't like it. Trouble is I'm not tempted enough.

Pixel phone close to being released/announced so will see what they're like. Not very keen on current speculated price though. I bought a Moto X Play before my current X Style and didn't really like it. It could be a little slow occasionally and didn't have the sensors for Motos wave to wake. That feature I've got attached to in a phone.

Let us know how you get on with your Z Play. Did you get it through Moto Maker?

Soldato
Did you get you Z Play and if so what do you think of it?

Sorry Mate been busy with work and life getting in the way!

I got the Z Play and I think it's a brilliant phone. It's really speedy and responsive and feels really fluid and faster than the S7E when I had it and as fast as the HTC10.

The battery life is epic at one point I hit 11hrs 30mins SOT before the battery died.

The build quality and screen is superb and for £360 it's perfectly fine. The only thing that might be a negative is the camera obviously it's not as good as the flagship devices but is more than capable.

In short if you want a near stock experience at way more than a flagship devices the Z Play is a superb device. The SD,625 also runs way cooler than the SD617 did in the predecessor the X Play.

Having used the Z Play extensively and the Honor 8 which I also have I will never buy a flagship device again as both these devices do almost everything a flagship phone does but at a far reduced price.

Underboss
I'm having battery issues on my play

Since update 6.01 my battery is being drained even though it's all on standby

Google suggests that I'm not the only one

Seems to be an issue with wi-fi constantly draining the battery even though it's off

Mine currently is saying 28%

Factory reset seems to work with some people, so I will try that

Anyone else had or is experiencing this ?

Associate
I'm having battery issues on my play
Have a look at your battery use per app breakdown in the settings; there's usually one or more apps leaking more power than they should normally be using because of a bug or they haven't been updated by the developer for a while. The battery on my Z Play really tanked a few months ago and I was going from getting a good 2+ days out of a full charge to the battery running flat by 4pm with minimal use. Turns out the Virgin WiFi app I'd been using for the past few years to connect to hotspots was using like 40% battery constantly connecting/disconnecting to the public wifi network at work.

Associate
Yeah I got it last weekend on the style x. Basically a new phone real nice too.
Actually seems better than my note 8 as well moto style x is only 1 pixel less in pixel density as well great screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah my X Style had the update last weekend - now on 1st Aug security patch!

Like the feeling of 7.0 - glad it's made its way to the phone finally :)

No idea what I'll get for a replacement but will probably hold out until next year.

Back
Top Bottom