**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
Mine has been suffering from the battery draining as well.
I have noticed that Oculus has just updated itself this morning, so will leave it and see what happens.
When I went into battery usage the other day, it showed mediaserver as the biggest battery user.

Associate
Mine has been suffering from the battery draining as well.
I have noticed that Oculus has just updated itself this morning, so will leave it and see what happens.
When I went into battery usage the other day, it showed mediaserver as the biggest battery user.

Seems to be a classic problem with these. Its a bit crappy really.

You need to find out what's doing it. If you enable Developer Options (google it), then in the Developer Options, turn on CPU usage. This will overlay a list on your screen of running processes, with the highest users at the top. From there you will likely see mediaserver as no1 or no2 from the top.

Next stage is to open your running tasks button at the bottom, and end tasks one by one until mediaserver stops being a CPU hog. Then you will know which one is causing it.

Associate
Yep, that 5 day thing was exactly what I was told. Surely there must be an SLA of some sort, I know it was mentioned previously in the thread that CPW (repairing on behalf of Samsung) have a 28 SLA where if a repair cannot be completed a replacement must be issued but we have yet to ascertain the facts about that.

Needless to say I have still heard nothing since my last post :(

Any news on your repair? I've just looked at the case tracking thing online and mine says "Pending - Parts not available" :(

I'm going to email and ask if they have a time limit.

Soldato
Had to charge mine twice yesterday and I've been up for 3 hours so far and it's down to 50%

No mediaserver this time though, it's android system @ 37% and google services at 19% with google app at 15%.

Restarted, turned off and on again.

Only changed was an update 1-2 weeks ago and oculus updating yesterday and this morning.

Going to try L33's suggestion and remove it for a while.

I've also noticed a lot of videos freezing, go into the swipe down and it's flashing between pause/play really fast.

Associate
Had to charge mine twice yesterday and I've been up for 3 hours so far and it's down to 50%

No mediaserver this time though, it's android system @ 37% and google services at 19% with google app at 15%.

Restarted, turned off and on again.

Only changed was an update 1-2 weeks ago and oculus updating yesterday and this morning.

Going to try L33's suggestion and remove it for a while.

I've also noticed a lot of videos freezing, go into the swipe down and it's flashing between pause/play really fast.

Im having exactly the same problems over the last couple of days. I was down to 30% by 10.30 this morning.

Any ideas of a fix?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Im having exactly the same problems over the last couple of days. I was down to 30% by 10.30 this morning.

Any ideas of a fix?

Oculus have said they've rolled out an update that resolves the issue - although it might take a while for it to propagate. For now, uninstall the Oculus apps and wait a few days before installing them again.

Associate
I've been having this issue too and removing Oculus seems to have helped but you need to remove the main app plus all related oculus apps/services via Settings > Applications > Application Manager. I removed the Gear VR stuff and Oculus games too just in case..

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

FYI - I re-installed the Oculus stuff this morning - all seems ok now so it must have picked up the latest patch/version.

Back
Top Bottom