Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Associate
So I've noticed some rumours about this appearing:

They seem to suggest made by likely LG, but possibly Huawei.

Rumoured for the second half of the year.

Snapdragon 820.

To be announced Google I/O may 28th-29th.

I think I would be interested in this, also notice that's the same day as LG G4 release. Im blatantly waiting for more info now. Rumours like this is how it took me 18 months to choose my HTC one M7 back in the day!

Anyone interested? I know a few were put off by the size of the nexus 6 (me included)

Associate
Really doubt it'll be announced at I/O.
Proving its even true... I call BS, everyone's just feeding into it because its what they want

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Really doubt it'll be announced at I/O.
Proving its even true... I call BS, everyone's just feeding into it because its what they want

I think it's to soon for I/O, normally we would know a fair bit about a phone before an announcement.

It would also be far too early, most phones are announced and are on sale imminently or within the month. If it was I/O that would be months before release.

Like the other chap though it gives a potential other choice. Personally I will re-evaluate come LG G4 release. Then if theres nothing concrete. I will then be indecisive over LG G4 and Note 4. Then end up waiting for note 5....

Soldato
How are sales of the N6 going? If its tanked there could be a good business reason to release earlier than 12 months?

Sales of the 6 are nothing like that of the 5 as it's bigger and more expensive.

However the Nexus line has never been about sales, more of a hardware showcase/guideline for is newest OS iteration.

I would agree although this may be the new cheap Nexus, so technically it has no release cycle.

The premium Nexus will still come out a year after the Nexus 6.

And the same goes to you :p

Soldato
Really doubt there will be a Nexus announcement during I/O. If anything it could be a new preview for the next Android version, although that's a pretty low chance too as they probably did it for Lollipop due to the massive changes.

Really am hoping for the next Nexus device to be closer to the N5 size however.

Soldato
Nexus phone's have been on a 12 month cycle for the last 5 years, so a phone at this summers I/O is unlikely.

lloyd-300x300.jpg

Soldato
I think we might see an N7 replacement at I/O. But not a new N5.

If we do get a new N5, I hope it's nicely designed and has a decent battery and camera. Should be quite simple Google... try not to mess it up

Soldato
There have been rumours of an N5 2015 and I hope they're true. I want another Nexus phone but there N6 was just too big and expensive. So a 5-5.5" Nexus phone would be awesome. I've also read Huawei may be making one so Google can try and break into the Chinese market.

Back
Top Bottom