• 4.6" HD 720p (1280x720)
• 127 x 65 x 8.9 mm, 138 grams, Nano SIM
• Snapdragon 810 Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A57
• Adreno 430 GPU
• 32 GB Storage, 2GB RAM, Up to 200 GB microSD™ card
• IP65 and IP68 Dust proof and water resistant
• Fingerprint Sensor - Fast & secure unlock
• New 23 MP Sony Exmor RS™ sensor 1/2.3'' with Hybrid Auto Focus 0.03 sec
• 5 MP front camera Sony Exmor R™, Full HD video, SteadyShot, Wide angle lens (25 mm)
• Bluetooth® 4.1, aGPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot, NFC
• Front Surround Stereo speakers,
• High-Resolution Audio (LPCM, FLAC, ALAC, DSD, Digital Noise Cancelling, Clear Audio+, Stereo Recording, FM Radio
• Battery 2700 mAh - Up to 2 days battery life
• Available in White, Coral Pink, Yellow & Graphite Black

WhsiX9zh.jpg

tUKgnV8l.jpg

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/xperia-z5-compact

Last edited:
Caporegime
I know this is the Compact thread but saw something yesterday which almost sounded like the Premium, Z5 and Z5c were confirmed and all powered by the 810. Surprised they are using such a powerful chip for the Compact.

Soldato
The Z4 (Z3+ in Europe) ditching the magnetic charging was a facepalm worthy move by Sony. Not adding it back on the Z5 or adding Qi charging instead is double facepalm territory :(

Without Mag/Qi charging I wont be downgrading from my Z3c anytime soon :(

Soldato
when will this be available to buy in the UK?

I am just about to pull the trigger on a Z3 compact but might wait for this if its not too much longer.

Soldato
The Z4 (Z3+ in Europe) ditching the magnetic charging was a facepalm worthy move by Sony. Not adding it back on the Z5 or adding Qi charging instead is double facepalm territory :(

The magnetic charging dock is a bit crap really. Breaks after a while, cables are expansive so you only end up with 1 etc. But then it beats taking it out of your case every time you want to charge it. Wireless charging is the way to go, but a redesigned USB cover wouldn't go a miss.

Either way this could be a very interesting phone, the Z3C is by far the best compact high end device available, they have a lot to do to make it significantly better.

Soldato

QI is a gimmick imo.

Mobster
Soldato
I don't think Sony really see any point in adding QI charging as the battery life on their phones is so good that you really don't need to be topping it up (as let's be honest that's what QI is good for at the momennt, I wouldn't use it to charge my phone from 0 to 100% just because it's rather slow) throughout the day.

Removing the magnetic charging is no big loss either I don't think as you're still plugging a cable in essentially and I think the placement of the magnetic port on the side was a bit inconvenient. I think a USB port on the bottom makes far more sense.

Soldato
Will almost definitely be getting one of these, sounds perfect for me but don't like how they've made it out to be a woman's phone with their advert!!

Back
Top Bottom