8Pack APPROVED! SUPER fast SUPER STRONG sub £285 Skylake 4.5ghz Overclocked Gaming Bundle

Associate
Hi I recently bought the i3 bundle as shown in this thread but cannot get it overclocked!
The pictures on the 1st page look different to mine, I have extra options under the AI Tweeker and I’m missing "turbo" option under Advanced\CPU Configuration\CPU power Management

I’ve used the 050 Bios and the .cmo profile file posted on here to no avail
The 050 seems to make my system unstable and freeze and when the .cmo profile is loaded the machine will not boot at all.

I updated my bios to the latest version 1602 and then loaded on the 050 overclocking bios again to no avail

Any ideas?
Thanks

Whether the 050 or 1602 bios is installed there is no mention of turbo which DOES exist in your earlier pictures.
nmb969K.jpg.png

Soldato
I know most of people would be using dedicated graphic card...but from what I read from Custom PC (bit-tech), they have mentioned that overclocking Skylake CPU via BLK would disable the onboard graphic...can you confirm if that is the case? If it is, I think you might want to put a warning on the bundle's product page just in case.

Associate
I know most of people would be using dedicated graphic card...but from what I read from Custom PC (bit-tech), they have mentioned that overclocking Skylake CPU via BLK would disable the onboard graphic...can you confirm if that is the case? If it is, I think you might want to put a warning on the bundle's product page just in case.

He states this in the opening post ;)

Associate
No turbo on the i3.

You need to make sure you disable c states and speed step and set Bopot performance to Turbo mode.

Hi 8pack thanks for getting back.

I already had the settings you mentioned turned off/enabled........when I load your .cmo profile I noticed the dram frequencies are different to what’s on your guide pics.
I get 15-17-35-1 but should be 15-17-35-2
The DRAM Command Rate on my board is set to auto which shows as 1 on the x.m.p button on the home page of the bios. I cant change out of auto for this option.

Also the CPU voltage section in AI Tweeker I have a “extreme Over-voltage” option which is disabled but my cpu_ov jumper is enabled.
U3bPlZh.jpg.png

Seems my machine has a mind of its own when the .cmo is loaded!

Associate
Hi 8pack

Sorry was busy for a few nights there,well I've tried to manually and cant match your settings and some of them I cant change at all. I noticed when I loaded the .cmo file the ram speed was not set at 2598mhz.
Are we sure the .cmo was the correct one? Anyone else manage to get this setup working?! Is there something else I need to disable! Close to giving up and just doing the asus 2% overclock!

OcUK Staff
OP
Man many guys have bought this bundle and we have had very little issues.

Flash to 050 BIOS first. Default BIOS. Set boot perf to Max turbo, disable speed step and c states. Boot windows test to see if stock is stable.

Then XMP memory test again.

Then set only 120 blk and 1.4v core. Try again with testing and report back.

Associate
Got the bundle, put it together, oc following the guide in op, no problems, not even 1. It was a bit too easy. Gaming is noticeably better going from phenon2 x6.

WyQoFwEPg0uuOf5XtpYmDScJFMCK3RyjH6Kv5MPgRepJL0-FjrjisUQ4DEari-vVpHFk0I1ng6dTM9j23g4VkMtV_NVR3L6luQmzyKUacYPzieKbWyYOC2gnbm3Wf5zXgAZ9aPXBIFi1fk3khkqLKmc85T53umKWwH4qib_q9zLt-ubdSQMfSehT6YVmZLc0QdpcZNGgZdRSDJ8qRh0biyfQbAT5iOCTWm5ZONKw6mUHe5C2XunXlgf1iYrC5IK7ih8cvyoN38dE0-msGLCL1s1r9Mh_a4q-5HIKrX19FhYAgTEDpus6HT4MKyBjWljvQMGm-c3bOegx7XSRRhefiW54HZYG89OSbwwgSoLBw7elycb6jWK7pw2fnXfCdOS-OI-oLJ3zWnILPNQoe1l6WNXWfU_QBpRMHqRJprv5P90D-_9Ps2LbbmbujBsLsBrdn_UuXFa9jtNc7HRQq172YukSeYL4E406OEML-968QyENT2nUfrWMKE4EKB1fDArUVqdRyXje_ckRWIrasKGZyKB1LjO78ET0ujtddMvZBr5rnA3J1S1LJ_RieUYFgZnnwgbU=w408-h406-no
An1MAK5iKlIAFHeOydeow13nxBRGLwSQ_IQUyMawEZNN2yGRxAy1oWOF__R3OOewqdwVEL44hQ3kcblPMk760n1BnzFOTNb4F3uduUo_ubRA6ulNdWKZ6GFIRupQXdcLKvqUmzfmxR0NYS-Yd5JgBGVry5dukV_rwMdDHH8t93ueZ7ETLe0u7XfQYH9L6D61o6t5W0r2ZdQq25jPz3G_ROoSCFVJ-ifvnscpgX3lJFbKrf1Q0vtSllxpZOPM9y9TeGiRb099yYASVdbj9fBOx1HzcSKfgCLJkzmLjCLHHnW3dGCOY_E7HLG2nFQeMuBgbv_rJyLaefqeOVJFTHx84shyomMVfA0DZ-zxi4hQxuHEK70x1OuoYZPjuRTSB0GcHmuDBshLcPyi5CARLPooafX-FUz-ttogE9clNISggOjoRcqKcXSojB6J3sDbbQjEJwgwq8yt_-EfGTiNaqDQ-LRtXUzWUQUlmjo9boRiI5GwUQV9Xy2rFXkpJSneas8evFgP5quLQTD1zqboTfCrnJ70212HT3oYEWsJKPKFOhoAOfgCSgcrd6LknRhLXYUzunVc=w408-h406-no

I think i can help you out here mrfredo1.
Ok so the turbo you see in 8pack's pictures, Turbo Mode, is intel's turbo boost techo crap. i3 dosen't have it, so the screenshot is probably same one as the i5 oc guide, which does have it.

Anyway you won't see it with this bundle, what you do want is Turbo Performance. In the CPU Configuration menu scroll down to Boot Performance Mode, drop down menu, select Turbo performance

Associate
I ordered this bundle today. Can't wait for delivery tomorrow. However, my excitement has been somewhat curbed after emptying my P182 case. I think the Brocken 2 cooler may be too tall. Anyone know how much extra the fan is higher than the heatsink and can I lower it down?
After removing my old mobo, I have about 172mm from the top of the risers. Once the mobo and CPU are in, I am estimating about 162 left.

Oops

I fear my weekend build maybe delayed. :(

Last edited:
Associate
Had my stuff delivered to work. As always, great OCUK service. I took my case in to check the cooler before I started, in case I needed to order an alternative.
With the supplied 140mm fan, it will at least hit the side panel if not worse. :(
I should have looked into it in more detail, but the P182 is hardly a small case !!

I was going to use the stock HSF just to get up and running, but I can now see a 120mm fan will also fit nicely on the Brocken 2.
Fortunately, I have a 120mm fan off an old Noctua cooler. That will do for now.

Weekend build is GO

:D

Associate
Finally upgraded my wifes erm.... slightly aging pc Q6600 lol,as she has got into blade and soul game.Built this last night the i3 version with the corsair 250g ssd loaded win 10 fine updated all drivers fine.
Downloaded 8pack .com file loaded fine.

Only problem i have are most asus add ons such as aisuite, dips5 and others wont install not sure if this is a win10 issue or just asus sucking at making software.
Only other issue is the heat monitoring tried HWmonitor and about 6 others i could find . im pretty sure heat is fine but would like to know what is going on with that.

Closest i got was aida64 extreme 5.2, once i had flashed an original bios. but then thought whats the point, she only playing mmorpg.

Anyway in the market for gfx card for her around the 150-200 notes mark please next months upgrade

Keep up the good work guys loved the build £350 cant go wrong.

Wish i got my haswell from you guys, scam.co.uk seemed like a better deal at the time last year how wrong was i nothing but problems even now ....

Thanks and have great day
Matt

OcUK Staff
OP
Mate dont worry about temps dual core is pushing low temps until around 1.5v core. TDP is like so low.

Yeah some software is not working well on Win10 I have noticed that. When I tested I used Win 8.1 and its running fine with AUi suite for temps.

Due to the Bios and nature of BCLK OC core temp etc is not working for sure.

Thanks for the positive comments we are working hard to always be ahead of our competitors on support.

Soldato
The overclocking could be disabled in a Win10 update though?
Which as we have heard looks pretty likely?
Im interested in one of these bundles for my boss so would like to clarify what i have to do to make sure im not reverted back to a tock CPU at one point, not updating the bios is pretty obvious.

Back
Top Bottom