** Edifier Speakers are BACK !!! **

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
looks like I didn't make this batch of R1280T as no despatch notification :(

Hi,

They came in today and I can't apologise enough for the delay it was just a problem at the suppliers warehouse. You did get the first one so it should still ship out today.

I will give our warehouse a push for you as they work till 7.

More stock has been ordered as well.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

They came in today and I can't apologise enough for the delay it was just a problem at the suppliers warehouse. You did get the first one so it should still ship out today.

I will give our warehouse a push for you as they work till 7.

More stock has been ordered as well.

thanks, they are now in my possession, shall report back once I've tried them!

Associate
Anyone know what models don't have the crappy new proprietary socket on the speaker connection cable? It kind of made me a bit mad seeing that considering the older speakers were just a bare wire.

From what I can see, the proprietary socket you are talking about is a standard 5 pin XLR connector, which is pretty standard for professional grade audio. The cables can be had from most retailers that sell electrical type stuff, or even from the rainforest.

Associate
Initial impressions on R1280T's is very good. Ripped out my old Logitech 2.1 for £15 jobbies and put these in their place. When I first got them, I had the speakers sitting on the floor and connected them up to my phone, they sounded very bassy, but once I got the speakers closer to the eye line, they really came alive. I have these positioned either side of my monitor, just slightly behind.

When I first started playing minecraft, I thought the music was coming from behind me. Explosive game videos on Steam were all handled really well (and loud, with plenty of bass), and settled in for an evening with Talos Principal. All in all I am very impressed with the build quality and expanded frequency range (sound has a lot more depth, especially in the mid range) over what I had before and would quite happily recommend these. They are sounding just a little tight at the moment, but to be expected from new speakers. I have these connected up to an Asus Xonar DX.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Thank you for adding a little review it is always good to have some one to try them personally rather than just a manufacturer test. Glad you like them. Enjoy.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
The R1280T will be back in stock by Friday.

There are a few speakers on this week only:

Edifier Studio R2000DB now at £135.95
Edifier ExclaimBT e10BT now at £71.99
Edifier R12U - Red now at £12.95
Edifier CineSound B3 Soundbar now at £136.99

Back
Top Bottom