** OUR SECOND 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Associate
Ok guys.

Gary get RMA I will check issue and return with working parts.

I don't use IBT though real bench, Aida I will do.

Thanks 8pack, I have reseated the CPU and the mem, gave it all a "blow" etc, will leave HCI memtest for a few hours, then i'll leave Aida on for 8 hours, if its still the same, I will send them back as I have an RMA numbers already, I just prefer to fix myself if possible.

EDIT : 4 Errors in HCI memtest within 25 minutes, and IBT failed after 7th run, so both very quickly, will get them boxed up and shipped off tomorrow, have to drain the loop, gets expensive finding faults lol

Last edited:
Associate
All packaged and posted today, ( I forgot the I/O Shield ... oops ), RMA Numbers : 298862 : 298990, Please let me know what your findings are, as I don't want to be in Garys position posting bits back, hard work and costly draining a loop :p

Soldato
All packaged and posted today, ( I forgot the I/O Shield ... oops ), RMA Numbers : 298862 : 298990, Please let me know what your findings are, as I don't want to be in Garys position posting bits back, hard work and costly draining a loop :p

Can claim postage back if faulty cant you as long as you have a postal receipt

OcUK Staff
thanks mate hopefully i can get to the bottom of it. i have already had the motherboard replaced but still having the same problem the last time i phoned customers service they did not seem to want to take the bundle back to test it out the guy on the phone was more a less saying its 8packs problem let him sort it out which i found very strange.

Hi there

If you want we can get the bundle back and myself and 8Pack can personally sort it for you?

Please let me know

Thanks

Bailey

Associate
Having purchased this bundle on Cyber Monday and still saving to purchase the rest of the parts for a new full gaming rig, all these posts about problems concern me a little.

8pack, please do post back here once resolved and let us know if there is a known issue those of us that purchased the bundle need to be aware of.

Associate
Still finding I have to crawl under the desk and flip the switch on my PSU every time I shut the PC down. Windows shuts down OK now, but the mobo keeps the PSU active. All the fans and lights stay powered on (case fans, anything plugged into PCI-E, anything molex).

I've unplugged various bits of hardware, disabled on-board peripherals, but it seems so long as I have the 24pin connector to the mobo then it will keep the PSU alive.

Still frequently having to uninstall/reinstall the Killer NIC as well.

The bundle seems great on the whole and the performance is cracking, but I regret the choice of mobo and memory.

I do not have one of these bundles, however i had this issue when i tried a new display port cable in a MSI R9 390(after powering down in widnows the fans would spin, psu would still be active and led strips would still be active).
After plugging the old display port cable back in, the issue disappeared.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Having purchased this bundle on Cyber Monday and still saving to purchase the rest of the parts for a new full gaming rig, all these posts about problems concern me a little.

8pack, please do post back here once resolved and let us know if there is a known issue those of us that purchased the bundle need to be aware of.

There is no known issue. My test rig is 100% solid. We sold many of these. The RMA rate is as low if not lower as a whole than the original components when bought seperately.

I am just helping fix this stuff for you guys when needed.

OcUK Staff
Thanks 8pack, I have reseated the CPU and the mem, gave it all a "blow" etc, will leave HCI memtest for a few hours, then i'll leave Aida on for 8 hours, if its still the same, I will send them back as I have an RMA numbers already, I just prefer to fix myself if possible.

EDIT : 4 Errors in HCI memtest within 25 minutes, and IBT failed after 7th run, so both very quickly, will get them boxed up and shipped off tomorrow, have to drain the loop, gets expensive finding faults lol

I guess memory issue.

IBT is junk man give that up its really no need. Use your PC to check stability or use something like XTU which Intel suggest or real bench which is simulating real life uses of your system.

Before full RMA maybe you want to try memory RMA.

Associate
I guess memory issue.

IBT is junk man give that up its really no need. Use your PC to check stability or use something like XTU which Intel suggest or real bench which is simulating real life uses of your system.

Before full RMA maybe you want to try memory RMA.

Hiya, tech support already had me ship the bundle back to you, Single channel fine, Double channel fine, quad channel then I get bsod failures in Aida, IBT, RealBench, Games would crash just whole PC was unstable happened with all bios releases

Had problem since built, I put details in previous posts too, I didn't think it memory as it passes all testing in single and double channel, then soon as you try quad channel errors, bsod, even changing voltages like you recommend for memory it would still eventually error sometimes play for an hour, other times 1 minute.

For reference, rest of PC is the 512gb nvme in the asus adapter, 250gb samsung evo ssd, 2td western digital, 2x 980ti asus poseidon, HX1200i PSU, Watercooled in an Enthoo Primo.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks 8pack i would love to find out what the problem is so if you could message me back on here and she'd some light into the problem that would be great

Associate
I have had no contact as of yet what would be the chances of me getting 2 faulty motherboards lol. I seen a youtuber the other night saying that gigabyte where having some problems on the x99 platform

OcUK Staff
Well I had an email Gary and mine appears to have been a faulty Mobo, so good news all round, wasn't going crackers diagnosing it lol

I have tested this one yes. Faulty MB. Did a couple of hours Real Bench with full memory utilized. Now testing non-avx Prime and Valley running all at once. This runs a couple of hours I ship it back.

Gary whats your RMA number please?? and NO GIGABYTE ARE NOT HAVING ISSUES with X99. There RMA rate similar / same as other vendors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom