** CORSAIR H2100 DOLBY 7.1 WIRELESS GAMING HEADSET 'REFURB' - ONLY £44.99

Soldato
just set these up, came in good condition, the receiver was abit dusty but nothing major.
decent microphone and the sound quality is ok but you can defo tell the difference between these and decent headphones like my beyers, however they'll do just fine for gaming :)

Associate
Hey all. So i asked for help with which driver to use for the headset itself within device manager and nobody replied... so i will incentivise things a bit!

first person to paste a screenshot of their driver info for the headset gets a product serial number to register within synapse to give them a free upgrade to razer surround pro.

thanks peeps

Associate
Are you using surround software??

May be worth trying the headset as just a stereo headset..... to uncomplicate things and see what is what first.

Have you ruled out any interference messing with the wireless connection between headset and dongle?

Associate
Are you using surround software??

May be worth trying the headset as just a stereo headset..... to uncomplicate things and see what is what first.

Have you ruled out any interference messing with the wireless connection between headset and dongle?

yeah, it's not interference, tried using it as a generic stereo before i used RZR stuff. oh well. i didn't say i want someone to fix it for me, just drop a screenshot and i will give you a product key lol. (my 2nd set of spare h/phones is at home so bear with me a lil while for the serial number!)

Soldato
yeah, it's not interference, tried using it as a generic stereo before i used RZR stuff. oh well. i didn't say i want someone to fix it for me, just drop a screenshot and i will give you a product key lol. (my 2nd set of spare h/phones is at home so bear with me a lil while for the serial number!)

Providing you have the Razer Surround software installed its pretty obvious which one you should be using as your default playback device. :D
(the top entry is the one listed after I uninstalled the crappy Corsair drivers and is the one Windows 10 selected to install - dont set this one as default but the one with the green circle/tick below)

iyo1o5.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Well looks like mine has gone fault already after only using a handful of times!

Turned PC on tonight, turned headset on. Got a popup saying the device had malfunctioned. Couldn't receive sound. The charging port light is solid red and the blue light is constantly on too.

Nothing happens when I press the power buttons, only way to stop the blue light is by removing the wireless dongle from the PC. But the red charging port light remains on and the headset is unresponsive.

They're fully charged too and were connected via usb cable when I initially turned them on.

Soldato
Providing you have the Razer Surround software installed its pretty obvious which one you should be using as your default playback device. :D
(the top entry is the one listed after I uninstalled the crappy Corsair drivers and is the one Windows 10 selected to install - dont set this one as default but the one with the green circle/tick below)

iyo1o5.jpg

Well I followed the above, only I didn't bother installing the crappy Corsair drivers, I can't get any sound at all from the headset. Installed the Razer software from the link, selected the above as default and I get nothing. Uninstalled the software and installed it again still nothing. Selected the corsair headset under Windows and voila, we have sound and it seems ok to me. Need to test some more but hey go figure. :rolleyes::D

Associate
Very happy with mine :) anyone hesitating whether to buy or not should just get them! For 40 notes you can't go wrong, I'd be happy if I bought them new at full price. Mine arrived pristine with no marks at all and are working perfectly. I have tried both the official corsair software and Razer (non pro) and both work fine so it's happy days :)

Soldato
Do genuinely LOVE these headsets. Bought a similar (the slightly older gen of this I think actually) for the missus and they've been pretty much bomb proof (minus one occurrence of the "stuck charging" issue) for a good year+ now.

If I didn't have my eye on a high end pair of sennheiser, I'd genuinely consider a pair of these :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Well looks like mine has gone fault already after only using a handful of times!

Turned PC on tonight, turned headset on. Got a popup saying the device had malfunctioned. Couldn't receive sound. The charging port light is solid red and the blue light is constantly on too.

Nothing happens when I press the power buttons, only way to stop the blue light is by removing the wireless dongle from the PC. But the red charging port light remains on and the headset is unresponsive.

They're fully charged too and were connected via usb cable when I initially turned them on.

This is the only issue I've had with mine too. So... google for a guide to "unplug corsair vengeance headset battery". It's basically, take off the correct ears padded cup (I forget which or I'd say).

You carefully peel off the (yellow in this case I think) pad underneath. It's sticky but... not like CRAZY sticky. That gives access to some screws, undo those and you'll see the small battery with cable. Unplug, make a coffee, replug and it'll be working fine.

Had it happen once to the missus' blue 2100 set. It's a MINOR grumble with it and can happen but only occurred once for me.

Couple of youtube vids of it. here + here.

It's totally non damaging/etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom