The Apprentice 12 - Thurs 6th Oct - 9pm - BBC1

Caporegime
The Apprentice returns to screens on Thursday 6 October for the twelfth series. Lord Sugar is once again joined by advisors Baroness Karren Brady and Claude Littner as they put 18 brand new candidates through their paces to secure his £250k investment in their business plan.

Airing on Thursdays for the first time, the series will follow Lord Sugar’s potential business partners as they set out to prove their business skills are ready for any challenge in the fight to the final boardroom. The nine men and nine women come from a range of careers and backgrounds, from bakeries and business consultancy to property and IT, each with different experience to draw from during the tasks.

Lord Sugar kicks the series off with a task designed to test the candidates’ skills in negotiation and selling. The teams arrive at a lock-up containing antiques and collectables including furniture, vintage clothing, toys, ceramics, silver and glassware. They must spot the treasure from the trash, before they sell their chosen items to the public and trade. The aim is simple - make as much money as possible to avoid being in the firing line on the losing team in the boardroom.

Other tasks over the coming weeks include creating an advertising campaign for jeans, manufacturing a range of sweets, hosting ‘late night opening’ events at well-known attractions, designing virtual reality games and producing and creating their own brand of gin.

(c) BBC

I've annotated the group picture with names in the spoiler tags and you can read more about the candidates here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/apprentice/candidates

B5wLWKk.jpg

Soldato
I know it is not the series it was......and that the concept is tired now.....but this is pretty much mandatory viewing for me.

This is my version of the X-Factor......bubblegum TV at its best.

Soldato
How's the plumber got on from last year?
I always look forward to this, I know it's a bit of a game show but more of people trying to achieve and less of benefit Britain could only be a good thing.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hopefully they get a good grilling, that's the best bit :D

At some point, I fully expect a task where they have to buy and sell bulk product and they a) waste time stuck in central London traffic b) buy the product that isn't their best seller.

Man of Honour
It's funny and I mostly enjoy it, but I do believe there could be a proper programme that is a bit more in depth on the business / learning side with a higher standard. Less mass market but I think there would be legs in a more legit approach (as an addition rather than instead of).

Soldato
Does the BBC own the format ? or not worth as much money to sell off to Channel 4. (potential nude version)
Maybe Lord Sugar would refuse the transfer, not yet ready to move on to better things like his co presenter Donald Trump.

Soldato
Hopefully they get a good grilling, that's the best bit :D

That's the only episode I watch :)

The rest of it is terrible, it's pretty much the same stuff as last year with new people. If you were going on the programme you just need to watch the last 2/3 series to know what each task is actually trying to prove.

Back
Top Bottom