Advice for a 4k/HDR 40" needed

Associate
Evening all,

Looking to purchase a new TV for my room, looking for it to have HDR/4k and preferably be around the 40" mark (don't want to go too big).

Will be using it for TV/4k netflix/PS4 pro when that comes out and also PC gaming when I can upgrade my PC. I don't really play online FPS or competitive games where input lag would be a major issue, but the quicker the better obviously.

Budget is around £500.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
not being nastybut there is really little point of getting a 40" set for HDR, the screen size just wont allow you to see the benefit on films / netflix etc

Gaming might be a little better, but even so all sets this size are classified as "budget" models by the manufacturers and therefore have basic electronics / screens and HDR goes along with that.

As above if you can stretch to 55" thats the bare minimum you will get any reasonable HDR effect

edit - thinking about the above maybe I should be a little kinder - get a good quality 1080P 40" and if its capable of 4k/ HDR then even better, just dont hinge your purchasing on this one factor otherwise you may well be disappointed

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies :)

The reason I want to go for something around the 40" mark is simply down to space, if I could go bigger I probably would.

I don't expect the HDR quality to be what it would be on the bigger more expensive TV's, but surely it will be a noticeable improvement over my current 27 inch 1080p monitor?

Back
Top Bottom