Weird noises from SuperFlower 1000W Platinum

Associate
Sat at my PC, which has the above PSU, and periodically getting a sound halfway between a buzzing and fizzing... short bursts, and then stops. Machine's working fine, no smell of burning or anything. I switched the fan to auto rather than eco, and it's sped up and ventilating warmish air.

Anyone else had a similar experience? The PSU's only 2 years old, and has never been anywhere near it's capacity and lived a pretty easy life.

Soldato
You need to have a look and see if the fan is juddering/stalling at low loads, because it's not quite getting enough power to spin up. If so, probably needs an RMA.

Soldato
Coil whine probably. My Seasonic 750w has started doing it when it warms up (already RMAed one of them after total failure) :/

I swear they don't make PSUs as durable as they used to. I have a Corsair HX520 which is now about 9 years old. Still runs perfectly fine, totally quiet and no buzzing at all. I'm thinking of just re-installing it in to my main PC because all the ones I have tried in recent years have just not been as well built.

Last edited:
Associate
Mm, I bought this because Overclockers were raving about how excellent the Superflower units are... They're 8packs favourite, aren't they? :)

Do you think they are? :D
B8lx0OKCYAA262T.jpg

I got my new SuperFlower 850W Platinum today. So far, happy. At least not a DOA which is a good sign :)

Back
Top Bottom