The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Well, you need to get the lighting set up correctly which is what interests me - how Ray is going to use the new softbox etc.

Oh and I caved and ordered the 24-70. No sign of it in latest cashback which started yesterday and only going to get more expensive so may as well.

Caporegime
Oh and I caved and ordered the 24-70. No sign of it in latest cashback which started yesterday and only going to get more expensive so may as well.

Good call, just saw hdew are warning prices are about to go up again on the 5D3. That wil mean in less than 2 weeks the price has risen £200+. I need to get home quick and buy mine!

Caporegime
5DMK3 and 24-70 bought :eek:

I put money aside for 3 years and had a hard time parting with it in the end! :D

I would have liked a MK4 but maybe in 3 years and this will be a huge leap from my 50D and 17-55. I will get a few hundred back on the 17-55 to help ease the pain!

Soldato
5DMK3 and 24-70 bought :eek:

I put money aside for 3 years and had a hard time parting with it in the end! :D

I would have liked a MK4 but maybe in 3 years and this will be a huge leap from my 50D and 17-55. I will get a few hundred back on the 17-55 to help ease the pain!

Unless money was tight i would have gotten the 5d4 as its a lot better then the 5d3 in almost every way.

I would have also checked out the mirrorless systems from sony and fuji as well if you wasnt too invested in canon systems previously.

Caporegime
Unless money was tight i would have gotten the 5d4 as its a lot better then the 5d3 in almost every way.

I would have also checked out the mirrorless systems from sony and fuji as well if you wasnt too invested in canon systems previously.

Not interested in the sony and Fuji efforts. Tried the bodies and I didn't like them. I went 5D3 because I cannot justify the money for my own hobby on a 5D4. If I made money out of it then I would but for the few thousand pictures I take a year right now then 5D3 suits me better. There's always a better camera a few hundred pound more. I am happy with my choice based on amount I use it.

Soldato
Not interested in the sony and Fuji efforts. Tried the bodies and I didn't like them. I went 5D3 because I cannot justify the money for my own hobby on a 5D4. If I made money out of it then I would but for the few thousand pictures I take a year right now then 5D3 suits me better. There's always a better camera a few hundred pound more. I am happy with my choice based on amount I use it.

which bodies did you try and what did you not like about it? what was its weakness?

Associate
full frame-bar humbug 6x7 is where its at:cool:

412866463.jpg

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Very nice, 6x7 is a nice step up from 135. I preferred the smaller and lighter RZ myself, added benefit of being able to use both RB and RZ lenses too. Picked mine up last year to move up from 645 and have probably run nearly 50 films through it since then.

Associate
Very nice, 6x7 is a nice step up from 135. I preferred the smaller and lighter RZ myself, added benefit of being able to use both RB and RZ lenses too. Picked mine up last year to move up from 645 and have probably run nearly 50 films through it since then.

lovely kit there, and advise would welcome, as are recommended lens/accessory's. ive only used TLR medium format before so this is a very differant lump:D.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
The 65mm f4 with floating element is superb. I got a brand new RB 127 off ffordes when they were selling them off cheap and that's been great too. (they still had a 180mm new last I time i checked) I'm looking to get a 210 f4.5 APO to complete my trio. (65, 127, 210)

The best lenses for the RB are the K/L range, which have the later coatings and most designs with floating element correction.

Accessories wise, all I use is a cable release.

Associate
The 65mm f4 with floating element is superb. I got a brand new RB 127 off ffordes when they were selling them off cheap and that's been great too. (they still had a 180mm new last I time i checked) I'm looking to get a 210 f4.5 APO to complete my trio. (65, 127, 210)

The best lenses for the RB are the K/L range, which have the later coatings and most designs with floating element correction.

Accessories wise, all I use is a cable release.
thank you mate very helpful, btw love your shot on tp of the old cottage, great colours and comp

Soldato
Re the RX100, I've jjust nnoticed that when I put it into 4:3 it says the max resolution is 19mp,but in 3:2 it's 20.this means that they're ccropping it inside of the camera right? So this means that 3:2 would be more sensible, as I can crop myself if I specifically want 4:3?

Back
Top Bottom