Icloud Backup - Iphone 5

Soldato
Hello All,

Wondering if anyone can help.

I have recently turned on the Icloud backup option to backup my game data and photos etc.

I noticed that the storage for one of my games on Icloud is only 10.3mb

so looking in this location

Settings > Icloud > storage > Manage Storage > Backups > <game name> 11.3mb

when i look at the following location its 624mb

Settings > General > Storage and Icloud usage - Storage (not Icloud one) <game name> - Documents and Data 624mb

is the game being backed up ok as the above doesn't seem right, with app and game data the size is 730.7MB on the internal storage

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
It's backing up the unique app data/game saves. The app can be downloaded from the app store, avoiding the need to use your iCloud storage allowance.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the reply KIA.

If i was to re install my IOS software would it automatically download the data once ive installed the game?

I have never used Icloud before so any tips etc would be good :D

Man of Honour
Thanks for the reply KIA.

If i was to re install my IOS software would it automatically download the data once ive installed the game?

I have never used Icloud before so any tips etc would be good :D

Yes, when you turn on the phone after a reset/wipe, it will ask you to set up as a new phone or restore from backup. If you chose restore from backup, it will restore everything on the phone to the point of the last full backup that was taken.

Soldato
OP
Yes, when you turn on the phone after a reset/wipe, it will ask you to set up as a new phone or restore from backup. If you chose restore from backup, it will restore everything on the phone to the point of the last full backup that was taken.

Can you restore just app data from it or does it have to be a full restore?

my reason for asking is that since going to IOS 10.0.2 i have had a number of issues with it not responding to taps and signal drops so want to go back to 9.3.5 but don't want to loose my saved games etc as i have spent a lot of time getting to where i am now.

I also do the Itunes backup to my PC and i dont have another iphone to test this on.

I have tried the "reset all settings" and "reset network settings" but nothing seems to help

Soldato
OP
I haven't upgraded to 10.0.0.3 yet, i have just checked and it states im on the latest version which is 10.0.2.

Soldato
OP
Have you tried a full factory reset and reinstall?

I have tried everything that i can that keeps my data but anything that would erase the phone i have not tried.

The issue is that i have saved game data on there that has taken me about a year and a half to get to where i am now and really don't want to loose it. the Icloud backup doesn't seem right.

My other option is to try the "faceboot cloud" backup on the game but i dont have a account to use so may have to create some random one or something lol

Man of Honour
If it's backed up via iCloud or iTunes then the game data is backed up.

You can double check, go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage (under iCloud) > Your iPhone (under backups).

This will then list what application data is backed up.

Back
Top Bottom