Multiple Monitor Question

Associate
Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm not sure if this is possible.

My main monitor is a Dell S2716DG which is perfect for gaming @ 1440p with GSync.

This week I purchased a 4K Dell Monitor which primarily is going to be used when I am away from home, however I'm wondering if it is possible to have both monitors connected to my 1080 via DP. I'm not sure as one is native 1440p and the other 4k (I would like it to remain at native), plus one is G-Sync.

Is it a simple case of connecting the new monitor to the GPU, or is there a good application which helps manage multiple displays.

Cheers.

Soldato
Yes, it should all be plug and play. Connect the second monitor to a spare DP port on your GPU and Windows should automatically detect it.

There's no problems running two monitors side by side with each using a different resolution (I have a 1440p monitor next to a 1200p monitor here). You can even have different colour calibration profiles assigned to each monitor if needed.

There are applications which help manage multiple displays, but Windows (at least since version 7) does a pretty good job itself.

Back
Top Bottom