Is this enough paste?

Soldato
Hi guys. Just a quick question. I've taken my laptop apart and fixed something. As I'm down at the motherboard, I've taken the opportunity to redo the TIM. I did it a few months ago using the spread method that someone recommended. I spread it very thin but my temps were rubbish. I normally do the centre blob and let the heatsink squish it so I'm doing that again. Here's a pic of my MX-4 on the CPU and GPU. About the right amount?

Also, can someone link me thermal pads to buy for the surrounding vrams? Mine are knackered.

20161020_204040.jpg

Soldato
Great stuff. I haven't looked yet but is there a particular product you recommend from OCuK? I'm assuming covering the vrams with thermal pads will help reduce my CPU and GPU temps?

No, it will just reduce the temps of the component it covers. So it will reduce the temps of the vram but not the core.

Any pads the OCUK stock will be good enough for this purpose really, just make sure you got enough especailly if you might be doubling up as Smffy sugguested

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah that would make sense to have measured it :p I've screwed the laptop back together again now. But from memory and looking at a tape measure, I think that it's more like 1.5mm thick.

Back
Top Bottom