Any games that made you buy a console?

Associate
Any games out there that are not and never will be on PC made you go out and buy a console? anything from a PS1 to a Xbone?. I got a GameCube way back when Resident Evil 4 was released as it was supposed to be an exclusive. [That worked out well didn't it]. Red Dead redemption and The last of us had me tempted for a while.

Soldato
360 - Lost Odyssey
PS4 - Bloodborne
Wii U - Mario Kart 8 and Xenoblade Chronicles X

Funnily enough the only one I have actually played significantly is Mario Kart 8.

Soldato
Lots of games on the Wii U made me buy one. I know the graphics kinda suck compared to the PS4 and Xbox One (both of which I also own) but Nintendo really know how to make fun games. Also it includes games from my childhood on the virtual console so I can go back and play Super Mario World and Mega Man and Castlevania again :).

Soldato
Used to like a few cnosole exclusives. Halo was always good, haven't tried the new one, Gran Turismo and Forza also. Just tried my Xbox before and it doesn't seem to be working properly. Hasn't been used in a few months either.

Caporegime
Gears or War (1). The 360 was far too ****** loud, however, and I sold it on a few months after I bought it.

Seriously that thing was a hoover, and I so was the PS3 I borrowed to play MGS4 on :p

Soldato
PC gaming is my primary platform, but I will never stop being a console gamer, too. There's *always* some really great games you simply cant get on PC. Plus I like the small form factor for having something in the living room that can be something of an all-in-one entertainment box for streaming TV/movies and listening to music and whatnot.

Soldato
Bloodborne, which I played like 2 hours and didn't like (I'm not a Souls fan) and FF Type 0, which has since come out on PC. Essentially making my PS4 purchase useless. Thanks Sony \o/
Console has literally no interesting exclusives thus far, pretty much everything has a PC release - which is nice for us but it's making me feel like I wasted some money on the PS4 D:
Having said that, I've not heard news of FFXV being on PC - so at least I'll have that to play on my PS4. lol.

Soldato
Having said that, I've not heard news of FFXV being on PC - so at least I'll have that to play on my PS4. lol.
Given Square is making an effort to port just about all the FF games over to PC(X/X2 looks like it's coming soon), I think it'd be really strange if FFXV doesn't come over.

I'm certainly not going to get it on my PS4 and will wait for the PC version.

Caporegime
PS1 for Gran Turismo
PS2 for Gran Turismo 3
PS3 for Gran Turismo 5

Then, after getting bored of the sterile nature of GT:

Xbox 360 for Forza 4

I expect it will be a Forza or a GT game that makes me buy a PS4 or Xbox One. But at the moment I'm not interested in either.

Back
Top Bottom