Mini ITX 1155 Board

Soldato
I have an ATX motherboard at the minute and would like to downsize, however it's impossible to source a new 1155 ITX board. Is there anywhere trustworthy that will sell a capable 1155 ITX board or is used my only chance?

Changing to a newer socket is not an option as it would be extremely expensive.

Soldato
Not sure I think used is the only way although I did have a look myself about 6 months ago and found one retailer had some Mini-ATX boards but they were only crappy ones that nobody wanted.

Man of Honour
I was looking around for m-ATX boards on 1155 earlier for someone on another forum and there were practically no decent boards of that size around and none at a reasonable price. The only place I saw itx boards was on ebay and they were all £140 and over. At that price you are better off buying a new cpu and mobo.

Soldato
OP
I don't need a new motherboard but wouldn't have minded changing to ITX. Buying a new board, RAM and an i7 isn't really an option as that would set me back in excess of £400/500.

Guess I'll have to continue checking the MM.

Soldato
I was looking at this week. I have a i5 3750k and a full size atx motherboard in a define R5 case. The thing is huge, and seeing as I dont game on the PC anymore was looking at downgrading.

Tried a new Skylake Brix and it was slow at certain tasks compared to my current setup. It also had strange artifacting at 1440p. So I sent it back

I then started looking at getting a micro atx motherboard and smaller case. As you say they are thin on the ground but they are around if you look. Best I could find was a Asus P8H77-M PRO H77 Socket 1155 for around £78.

Think I will just stick with what I have for now. I would end up costing me nearly £200 and for what, the exact same performance in a slightly smaller footprint. ill give the Skull Canyon Nuc a go when it comes out

Associate
I'm glad it's not just me, I've been looking to do the exact same thing. Can't believe what people are asking for these (if you can find them of course)

Soldato
I have a nice little I3 2100 that I would love to make into an HTPC with a small itx case as well but I sold my Gigabyte Z77 chipset itx board a while ago and regret it now.. :(

Man of Honour
There has always been a premium for EOL components such as motherboards and cpu's because a lot of people will pay it when their board fails rather than upgrading.

Another option would be to sell your current cpu which should still get a decent price, and buy a brand new ITX Z97 board and pick up a 4770k/4790k in the MM and re-use the ram you already have.

Soldato
Another option would be to sell your current cpu which should still get a decent price, and buy a brand new ITX Z97 board and pick up a 4770k/4790k in the MM and re-use the ram you already have.

This is what I decided to do in the end. I bought a

• ASRock Z97E-ITX/AC, Intel Z97, S 1150, DDR3, SATA III 6Gb/s, SATA RAID, PCIe 3.0 (x16), DP/DVI/HDMI, Mini ITX
  • Intel Core i5 4590T, 1150, Haswell Refresh, Quad Core, 2.0GHz Base, 3.0GHz Turbo, 1150MHz GPU, 35W, CPU
  • Transcend 2242 256 GB SATA3 Solid State Drive (to go in the m.2 slot of motherboard)
  • Antec ISK110 MiniITX Vesa Mountable Case - Black/Silver with 90W Power Supply

Im re-using the 16gb of XMS DDR3 I had in old system. By the time ive sold my old bits I should be up a few quid.

Back
Top Bottom