**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
decided to get a redmi note 3 pro but cant seem to find a supplier. think it might be best waiting for honorbuy as they have the best reviews

Soldato
OP
Swapped my K3 Note for a Huawei P8 last week. The P8 build quality is great and EMUI seems pretty good with my usual Nova launcher setup, but battery life is definitely worse and I think the K3 actually felt more responsive. Happy with the P8 but shows what a great spec the K3 is for the money.

Soldato
Another quick update on the Ulefone Power. After a week of mostly flawless use (the Strava app doesn't work, but I can ignore that problem), the screen stopped detecting touches along the notification bar. I did a factory reset, which did not resolve the issue. I tried another launcher, which didn't help. I then did another factory reset, only this time I didn't sign into my google account; the screen is now detecting touches along the notification bar. Finally, I did another reset, signed into my google account but didn't restore my apps; notification tray is still accessible. So I guess an app is causing the problem, somehow :|

It's annoying, as the Power is quite a good phone. I was willing to put up with the quirks for the outstanding battery life, but I can't do without being able to use the notification tray... so now I'm trying to decide if I should just send it back, or try to figure out which app is causing the problem.

Associate
Quite tempted to buy one of the Redmis due to both the price and the generally good comments I've seen about the phone online.

I have an iPhone 6 and my previous encounters with Android have been an Moto G and a Vodafone Smart Ultra which while incredible for the price, couldn't be my main phone due to the camera quality.

With this in mind, I'm wondering whether the Redmi 3 could do everything I need. I very rarely use it for games but do use a lot of social media, music etc, so the impressive battery stats appeal.

Also, do the phones from HonorBuy come with Google Play etc?

Anyone got any thoughts on this - has anyone made a similar switch?

Soldato
Currently using an Honor 5x and it's quality for the price tag. The battery life is twice as good as my old iPhone 5s and although it's not quite as snappy the bigger screen definitely makes up for it.

Only downside is the back is aluminium and mine has dents already... Cases are from China so looking at a 2 week lead time for most of them!

Back
Top Bottom