The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Associate
I nearly went for a triple monitor setup but instead chose the Philips as a single screen option with possibly my old screen in portrait. I personally see me spending more time gaming on simulator titles through oculus CV1 so decided against a 3 screen setup.

Ordered the philips tonight after careful consideration of the present choices. I'm changing to the Philips from a asus PB287q 4k monitor as that screen is great bar the washed out colour of the TN panel tech. I look forward to gain some benefits of better colour, deeper blacks and a decent pixel density. My Asus may well be used in portrait alongside the Philips IF its up to the job.

Soldato
Working like a dream so far, it's utterly immense for gaming - I had the curved 34" LG but I never really got into it so much, I don't know why - it wasn't so great for working on.. This seems much better so far,

Associate
So far, one dead pixel. Not too bothered about that.

Vignette effect but only an issue if you sit within 2ft of screen.

Image retention is a slight issue. This is only mild as far as recovery time compared to a plasma and recovers quickly. Image burn notice likes to pop up on screen every now and then.

It is a nice screen for the money so probably keeping mine. Is it better than my Asus 4k, yes and no..

Glad I didn't get a ultrawide now though. This 40incher will run 21:9 and It doesn't do it for me. I would need a 40" ultrawide to be ok with the height of the screen.. If you do buy this monitor and plan to run ultrawide resolution in some games rest assured it works really well due to the super black levels it almost looks like you are on a ultrawide screen even in a very low lit room.

Last edited:
Associate
Set up 21:9 aspect ratio and resolution. Looks great on this screen due to amazing black levels.

IMG_2903s_zpsjceqgi9g.jpg

Associate
I just set mine up using Nvidia control panel. Create a custom resolution to suit the aspect ratio and the resolution is then available to use in game.

Associate
I just set mine up using Nvidia control panel. Create a custom resolution to suit the aspect ratio and the resolution is then available to use in game.

What res are you running there David? Looks much better than what I have been using!
And how have you adjusted the FoV in ATS?

Associate
Thanks that worked, does look good, and after a bit I never noticed the black bars :)

Glad it worked ok.

What res are you running there David? Looks much better than what I have been using!
And how have you adjusted the FoV in ATS?

I just set up a custom res using 3840x1620 no other changes were made.

No need to make any in-game adjustment in ATS. What you see on my screen is the default once you set to ultrawide resolution.

Associate
I have purchased a different display port cable, and so far (touch wood) I have not had any of these issues reoccurring :)

Have you had the issue of the screen blanking several times after resuming from sleep since you changed cable?

I've been having this 'issue' too but only when booting up from cold, or waking from sleep, any even then it's only occasional.

What kind of cable did you use to replace your original?

Thanks

Associate
Glad it worked ok.

I just set up a custom res using 3840x1620 no other changes were made.

No need to make any in-game adjustment in ATS. What you see on my screen is the default once you set to ultrawide resolution.

When I try this is how my screen looks at the same resolution. Your FOV seems so much wider than mine - I have my seat all the way back too.

Okep10m.jpg

Associate
When I try this is how my screen looks at the same resolution. Your FOV seems so much wider than mine - I have my seat all the way back too.

Okep10m.jpg

I'll check my settings in a bit and will get back to you. Strange as I have not touched anything else. Also works straight off the bat in GTA 5 and Witcher 3. Not had a chance to check any others. I know fallout 4 needs the prefs file modified to suit the resolution so thats another one I want to try that I know will need minor fettling.

Associate
Hi there, I've just registered here in order to figure out what is going on with this blank screen issue.

My setup: MSI GS70 Notebook with NVidia 765M.
My issue: Whenever 3d stuff is rendered (can be anything from games to simple stuff like google earth) I see the screen going black more and more often until it stays black "no signal". I do NOT see this issue hapenning when I'm just using plain desktop mode - also I cannot see it hapenning when i switch to 2560 x 1600 (no 4k resolution).

Could other guys who also got this random blank screen issue please tell me if this also happened exclusively while something was using OpenGL/Direct3d? I find it hard to believe that a screen which can show desktop 4k with 60 Hz is not able to display a rendered image with the same resolution / Hz.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom