** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

Associate
Hi everyone,
Just pulled the trigger on the EKWB Predator v1.1 240mm however a bit of googling tells me I might have to cut out part of the top panel in my bequiet silent base 800.
Dont really want to.
Do you think I have enough clearance to offset it and let it hang over mobo and RAM?
Mobo is msi z170a titanium and RAM is corsair dominator platinum RAM (all arriving today!)

Couldn't comment on the specific case, but I did have a bit of a challenge with my 360 in my Enthoo Luxe. It just about fit, but I did have to modify the mobo 4 pin power connectors.

I logged the experience in a project log:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18716127

Worst case, have a try and see how you get on.

Associate
Thanks for your reply.
I'lol have a gander tonight and upload photos when I get it mounted.
It'll be an interesting wkd for sure!
BTW you've done a grand job on your build. Wish u lived round the corner from me to give me a hand

Soldato
So your EKWB pump is RIP?

There goes my excitement. :(

Yeah i will replace the pump and probs add a 240 rad to the top, i'm not happy with temps atm.

Khemist you going to spray your gpu bracket white? Looks good otherwise.

Would the design of this not allow pump vibration to be transfered into the case?

No i'm not spraying anything and the pump vibrations i can hear quite a bit hence i might get the non windowed panel or a new case altogether.

Last edited:
Associate
All those with a silent base 800- had a proper look last night and def need to cut out front part of top panel and a little chunk off of the back.
I`ll cut round the fan holdings at the front. Clearance is about 68mm before it hits my RAm. I`ll have 1mm to spare. Luckily the titanium heatsinks are not very tall.
Definitely doable though! I don`t have a dremel but a small saw will do.
Once its all mounted I`ll attach a pic.
Have to say its a quite a compact case and less tall in real-ife so an added bonus!
Best looking and built case by far for the money. Only way up from here is inwin 909 but huge and worse cooling!

Last edited:
Associate
All done. a bit of a crude job atm but will file it down.
kept the fan holes/lips at the front end.
It fits with 2-3 mm clearance. Haha predator 240 fits in bequiet silent 800!
Fans will sit inside top cover so no need for additonal clearance.
I`ll be keeping my dominator ram afterall. I`m getting excited now for the wkd!
Right, better get ready for work!
qq everyone, shall I swap out the fans for bequiet silent wings 2 1500 rpm?

Associate
They certainly look the part. Must be top engineering. I'lol leave them on.
I'm kitting out the case with bequiet 140my silent wing 2s as the std case ones are not as good.

Associate
I`ve logged a ticket with EKWB and may even get it exchanged with another unit with online retailer depending on whether I get a response by today.
Shoddy QC for a high-end manufacturer. At least check unit for all accessories before shipping!
The case modding, hassle.. wkd wasted when I should have had rig up and running. Hope its all worth it!

Associate
Worst part is- cant even order a 2 pin pci-e to sata, or a 2 pin to 4 pin connector.
Are these bespoke connections?
If you go to their website you can`t even order them. At least with corsair you can pretty much order anything.

Associate
Worst part is- cant even order a 2 pin pci-e to sata, or a 2 pin to 4 pin connector.
Are these bespoke connections?
If you go to their website you can`t even order them. At least with corsair you can pretty much order anything.

That's an unfortunate experience. From what I saw from the EKWB customer services, they seemed pretty on the ball. I know that the EK rep EK Luc checks the forum so you may be able to reach out.

Don
I`ve logged a ticket with EKWB and may even get it exchanged with another unit with online retailer depending on whether I get a response by today.
Shoddy QC for a high-end manufacturer. At least check unit for all accessories before shipping!
The case modding, hassle.. wkd wasted when I should have had rig up and running. Hope its all worth it!

Can you not contact the retailer you purchased it from, they may just send you the cable that is missing as I imagine it would be easier for them.

Back
Top Bottom