**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Associate
Remember to be careful with which USB-C cables you buy folks. I'm getting my Nexus 6P next month and was looking for a 2m cable when I stumbled across this article and this spreadsheet of some safe cables to buy.

So... Definitely don't opt for the el-cheapo USB-C cables on fleabay.

Thanks for the link, I'm on the verge of contract renewal and I'm looking at the 6p and I always need a longer cable than the one provided.

Associate
Oh, and rather oddly I just received a call from EE moments after adding my post above, and they've offered me an early upgrade so I'll be getting my Black 64Gb Nexus 6P tomorrow!

To the big river to order a case and screen protector! Mebbe I'll get one of those tempered glass jobbies...

Soldato
Well first day on 6p and I love it. It is an upgrade on the nexus 6. Which I doubted it would be. Feels nicer and the haptic feedback is spot on. It's was off on the N6

Please with it!

Soldato
I'm confused about cables, can some one spec me a cheap charger that doesn't cost £30? I need a couple for work and hkme

Mobster
Soldato
I don't think there are any chargers available that will charge the Nexus 6P as fast as the stock charger does, yet.

In regards to cables, you just need to make sure they're certified. Most of the ones you'll find on Amazon have been reviewed by Benson. If he says they're good, they're good. Avoid the others.

Associate
I don't think there are any chargers available that will charge the Nexus 6P as fast as the stock charger does, yet.

For what it's worth, I used this: LINK and this LINK together... charged pretty damn quick (as near as dammit) compared to the stock charger and goes fairly rapid with the 5X I've gone back to.

Compliant Micro > C adaptor and the originial charger for the HP Chromebook 11, gave me the best flexibility in terms of the devices I used.

Associate
I'm confused about cables, can some one spec me a cheap charger that doesn't cost £30? I need a couple for work and hkme

I got a Choetech charger (£13.99) with a Choetech USB c to c cable length of my choice (2m = £5.29) from the river.

Works just as fast as the original charger.

This was on the back of a review on reddit/r/nexus6p which gave it great feedback plus a few quick knocked off which is never a bad thing.

Associate
I've just come back to Android after having a dabble with the IP6 (which I've still got)

The N6P is an awesome phone....but I REALLY wish Google would have put the N6P and the N5X out there with the EXACT same spec for us to choose our OWN preference on the overall size that we prefer....

I love the N6P's over-all responsiveness etc...but I find it VERY big.

THIS is where I think A$$le have got it spot on....

Associate
Unless he was comparing to the none 'plus' 6s?.

Yep, it was the smaller ip6.

I did consider getting the smaller Nexus as that is my ideal size for a phone, but the rave reviews were for the 6P and think I would've felt underwhelmed if I'd have gone for the cheaper one.

Caporegime
Yeah, the size was the main reason I returned mine, mainly the length of the phone that got to me. It is a shame as the phone was superb. Hopefully they will get it right with the next nexus....

Caporegime
Probably unfair to say they got it wrong because it was too big for you?

Perhaps.... but I think it is safe to say the vast majority of people would have preferred a smaller phone. Even the majority of reviews said that was their main issue with it, more so the height.

I don't think anyone would object to having the same screen size but much smaller bezels like the nexus 6.

Back
Top Bottom