H110i GTX pipes are pressed against the rear fan

Associate
Hi guys

I'm looking for some advice. I've built a new rig with a H440 case and a H110i GTX AIO. I've installed it so that the inlet and outlet is at the rear of the case ,if I install it the other way round I would lose a hard drive caddy as it would get in the way). So with the inlet and outlet at the rear of the case, the radiator 'just' fits. I basically have to push the radiator back a couple of mm to all the screw hole align with the H440 mounts at the top if the case.

The problem now is that the outlet and inlet pipes are pushed against the rear exhaust fan casing, not on the blades. They contact about 1.5 -2 inches from the connect to the radiator. I was wondering if this would be an issue to worry about? Would it cause the pipe/radiator connection to leak over time?

I was thinking of replacing the 140mmx25mm exhaust fan with a low profile 15mm high fan, this would solve the issue but the exhaust airflow would be halfed.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Those tubes are pretty stiff and very hard to kink, and those connectors are super hard to pull out, you really need a great amount of force to disconnect them. If the fan frame is slightly pushing the tubes, then that's totally fine.

Back
Top Bottom