Spec me an WC upgrade

Soldato
Spec me a WC upgrade

Hello all.

I currently have this:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xspc-raystorm-d5-photon-ax360-watercooling-kit-wc-275-xs.html

I would like now to add 1 of my 1080s to this loop (I am selling the second one to fund this WC upgrade)

I would also like to switch to rigid tubing.

I'm asking if you guys could show me a basket containing everything I will need from bending kits to tubing and fittings. Im guessing i wont be able to reuse my current ones with rigid tube.

I will probably go with the xspc GPU block for continuity. Even if it does cost a little more.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry, but I'm of the teach a man to fish to approach when it comes to speccing loops.
It's better in the long run that you look and learn, rather than just having it handed to you on a plate :)

Just follow the basic rules of:

- Two compression fittings per component (like you already have with the loop you bought). One in and one out for each part.
- Make sure you pick hardline fittings and tubing that have the same outer diameter. Example: 12mm OD tubing and 12mm OD fittings, if you wanted 12mm of course. (no, you can't use your existing fittings :))
- Pick a bending kit that works with your tubing size choice, according to the description of the given product
- Use cooling configurator to check that your card has block compatibility

When you're done, post your basket here and you'll get constructive criticism and perhaps suggestions for alternatives and things like drainage solutions.

Soldato
OP
Sorry, but I'm of the teach a man to fish to approach when it comes to speccing loops.
It's better in the long run that you look and learn, rather than just having it handed to you on a plate :)

Just follow the basic rules of:

- Two compression fittings per component (like you already have with the loop you bought). One in and one out for each part.
- Make sure you pick hardline fittings and tubing that have the same outer diameter. Example: 12mm OD tubing and 12mm OD fittings, if you wanted 12mm of course. (no, you can't use your existing fittings :))
- Pick a bending kit that works with your tubing size choice, according to the description of the given product
- Use cooling configurator to check that your card has block compatibility

When you're done, post your basket here and you'll get constructive criticism and perhaps suggestions for alternatives and things like drainage solutions.

I respect that reply mate. And I agree entirely. Everything I have learned as a pc builder/repairer was self taught through trial and error(lots of errors).

I just didnt wanna shell out ££ and buy something that might not be the optimum or would be more difficult than required :)

I will have a look later and post what I think is a good basket. Right now I am off to boxing training.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Looks ok, but set up your trust account by pressing 'user's trust' on one of your posts and following the instructions :)
It'll make sense soon enough.

You only need 8 fittings unless you're planning to add another radiator btw.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I got myself an xspc 240mm rad from ebay a while back that I will add to the loop. I dont think a 360mm rad on its own would be enough for a OC 6700k and OC 1080. But then again I am still fresh into this custom loop game :)

Associate
XSPC bending kit OK apart from the bending rubber - too wide for the tubes. I thought it was the Monsoon tubes but had problems with Primochill tubing as well.

Bought a Monsoon Pro Deluxe Bender kit and the rubber with that was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom