New to watercooling game

Associate
I have no plans to upgrade for a few years so I've decided I want to watercool my current rig. Of note, I have a 4790k & 2x EVGA 980ti FTW inside a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG case. I've thrown together something but would like some advice from you more experienced guys! I know some of the fittings probably won't fit, and if you guys have some better suggestions for rads/fittings etc then I'm all ears. I'll be putting this together in about 2/3 weeks so would just like your input/suggestions before I pull the trigger. Thanks dudes!

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £807.24
(includes shipping: £11.10)

Soldato
You'll need the male half of the QDC too, and another four compression fittings for the pump and res.
I'd also get the silver version of those QDC's, as the black ones have an issue with binding up after a while (unless they've fixed it now).

I've probably missed something else, but someone will be along shortly :)

Soldato
You need the correct fittings if you're doing Hardline.

Also, 2 fitting for each item - looks like you'll need 12.

If as Pete said - be wary which liquid you use to avoid issues.

Koolance only recommend theirs.

As you're using Bitspower I'd go for their QDC's.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah I wasn't overly sure with all the fittings & how many I needed. I'm easy on fittings, rather just go for what works, hopefully black. I would prefer hardline tubing though.

Just been wondering on the backplate for my cards, can I keep the original backplate or would I need say an EK backplate to go with an EK block?

Also if it does work, would it look dumb having the standard backplate or would it be better just getting a solid EK one?

Soldato
I presume you'd also need some heatsinks for the VRMs or at the very least a fan blowing at them.
Have a read of this thread https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/s...4&highlight=thermosphere+username_TonyTurbo78

Different cards, same issue.

As whyscotty said, may be worth hanging on for EK to release them, or get in touch and ask directly if they'll ever be available.
I'm not so sure, considering that new cards are out now. Never know though.

Can't see how the cards are being connected - I presume hardline?

3 x blocks =6
2 x rads =4
res x2 =2
Total 12

Stop editing your posts, dammit :D

What about the pump?

Associate
OP
I'll throw them an email and ask, otherwise I guess it'll be a bit of diy work.

I think I'd probably have to just swap it out for the thermosphere and if I have the same problem as in that thread then probably just use the same fix as he has. Does that mean I'll struggle to find a backplate too and have to keep the standard one? & make a custom heatsink for the vrm.

Last edited:
Associate
Don't think a pair of 360's will fit in that case so may need to swap one out for a 240mm. Also bear in mind that if you want a 360 in the front of an Evolv you need to remove the HDD bay. Not a problem if you're only using SSD's but something to consider if you're planning on using old HDD's for storage.

Soldato
Do QDC's and hardline work together??

Technically, yes, as you're only attaching the QDC to a fitting.
Realistically, no, as there's obviously no give to allow you to separate them.

Ok if you have a hardline loop and want to use QDC's for an easy drain tube option with a short length of flexible stuff.

Back
Top Bottom