Fans choice for 360 radiator

Associate
What would be the best choice for the 360 radiator for a good cooling performance of r9 290x and i7 4790k, and also which will keep the system quiet because of possibility to hang it on the wall and so it will be open to the room. I was looking at the Akasa Ultra Quiet Venom Viper fans and also Corsair SP120 quiet edition, are they good to be put on a radiator?

Thanks!

Gangster
OcUK Staff
They won't be very good. Ignore fan specs as a rule, they are not standardised between manufacturers. The blades are the wrong shape for static pressure.

The piranha fans are a good a fan for both cases and radiators with excellent CFM . The performance is really good. I recommend having a read up on these as they are a bargain at the moment. They have a three fan bundle also.

Soldato
I found the Piranhas rather noisy. I had them on an H440 which was a bit air starved, and as I had the fans on PWM they cranked up quite high and I did not like them. I'm sure they perform fine, and I actually had no issue with temps in the case, but you may pay a price for that. Of course any fan is going to be heard at high RPM, but it's not JUST about the decibel level, each fan will have its own unique sound. All fans will ultimately vary, in terms of the decibel level at any given RPM and also what that sounds like... just looking at the specs of a fan will not give you all this information.

Last edited:
Associate
I am thinking of buying this bundle as they do look good...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thre...mance-pwm-air-ripper-blade-fan-bu-004-ak.html

I was just wondering can i have these as my case fans and radiator fans?

I read somewhere that having the same make radiator fans and case is not the best. Not really too hot on CFM and static pressure etc...

Forgot to mention my AIO, Antec H600. Would these fans be ok?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm surprised no one has asked what radiator your using?
and if your going for silence or cooling capability?

I say that because if your using something like a hardware labs at 9FPI i can tell you now masses of static pressure hardly makes any difference at all.

Last edited:
Associate
I have used both vardars and piranhas as rad fans, actually preferred the piranhas (noise), although temps seemed very similar. Currently using them as case intakes on a define s, they seem to do a good job pulling air through the filter.
Just watch your fingers, they live up to the name!

Soldato
I have used both vardars and piranhas as rad fans, actually preferred the piranhas (noise), although temps seemed very similar. Currently using them as case intakes on a define s, they seem to do a good job pulling air through the filter.
Just watch your fingers, they live up to the name!

Yeah ive used piranhas for years, theyre good fans. I've got a huge mixture of fans in my rig, i just grab a bargain when i see it. I've also got some of them silverstones Disco suggests. You tend to get what you pay for as if i was to put all my fans in order the most expensive ones do tend to come out on top.

Back
Top Bottom