Anybody rent a garage/lockup?

Associate
If you do, how much do you pay, and how did you go about finding it?

(I know some of you do from the 'show us your garage' thread)

I'm so jealous of some of you!

Im desperate not to sell my jdm fleet but with the crap weather we've been having and the lack of space i cant work on them anywhere near as much as i'd like.

They're just sitting there rusting away :(

Soldato
I'm looking into it at the moment.

Found a nice place on an industrial estate... could fit about 6 cars in there, think it's about £200 a month.

Have a word with the council, look in the paper, go for a drive around other lock-ups and see if there are any available units.

Associate
I'm paying £50 a month for mine. But I've got power, lights, drainage and almost water and I can do pretty much what I want in there/to it. Its pretty long and tall too (room to suspend kayaks from the roof). And there are no garages in Lancaster. Far too many terraces!

I just rang the landlords in the area to see what they had. £200 for a 6 car unit isn't bad going, I always assumed they'd cost more than that. Would be worth getting a few mates together.

Associate
OP
Good info so far fellas. £200 a month is a bargain for a lockup of that size.

I've tried the council who turned out to be pretty useless. I'll give the industrial estates a go over the weekend.

Good link Ste but they're too small or too expensive! Thanks though will keep checking it.

Soldato
i used to pay £15 a week for my double garage

But being in backwards Devon doesn't count. :p

I'd have though looking in the local papers should bring up some stuff, also google can be handy, but lots of places may not have anything done on the web, so I'd check local area (by visiting places) and also the papers. :)

InvG

Associate
OP
Found a load of council lockups today on a local industrial estate. I called the number but nobody answered.

Got a feeling they'll cost a fair bit though. Will go out again later.

Associate
My local council want £8.50 + VAT a week for a garage at the end of the street I live on.

I didn’t bother because I have a two car drive (not many people do where I live) and also the people that already rent them park vans etc in front of the garages, so it would be a nightmare actually getting into it a lot of the time.

Soldato
im going to have to look into this. Would love some garage space.

My cousin was offered a share for £10 a week last year. But the lad who was sorting it all out proved not to be trusted unfortantly.

Soldato
£7.50 + VAT per week, for the garage i rent from the council.
its quite literally across the road from my house, but its quite small and really not enough room to work in, but its peace of mind having it in there rather than out on the street.

Soldato
Further to my above post, me and a few mates have just got ourselves a place.

£250 a month, which works out at £20 a week for each of us.

Quite a big place, fits 4 cars and the price includes water and electricity.

Caporegime
Rent a garage with a mate for 8 pounds a week from the council and split it between both us. Use it mainly for tinkering or when one of us goes abroad for peace of mind. It's a lot better then working on the side of the road with weird people looking at you. It actually served as a bed one night because i got too drunk, my misses was fast asleep and i had no keys! ><. Multi-functional ;)

Back
Top Bottom