V8 Supercars

Soldato
It sounded like there was a bit of interest in other threads in the Aussie V8s. I've signed up to their streaming service. If you're interested in watching it you can't argue with the price - $40AU (£20) - http://www.v8supercars.com.au/superview/

The first few races have been pretty good. Adelaide race 2 was particularly entertaining.

Barbagallo is up next. It's a pretty short lap (~1min) and has had some good races in the past.

Soldato
I've watched the last few seasons but due to Motors on Freeview going **** up I've not seen anything from this year yet. I'd be happy to pay for the streaming service but I'd want to watch it on my TV rather than a computer/mobile device. What sort of options are available for making this stream work on a TV?

Soldato
It is something I try to get in to every year but as the season goes on and through summer I find it hard to keep up with watching it. Adelaide was insane with the amount of rain and Melbourne race 1 (I think) was a little bumper car-ish but all good entertainment :D

Soldato
So it's going down the route of the BTCC of adding more complexity for the fans?

Whilst trying to stay relevant and expand the series yes. Luckily aussies are proper motor racing fans and can understand the nuances of tactics, rules and regs so races don't always descend into crash fests.

Soldato
OP
Whilst trying to stay relevant and expand the series yes. Luckily aussies are proper motor racing fans and can understand the nuances of tactics, rules and regs so races don't always descend into crash fests.

True. The thing I like most about the series is that the cars are all so closely matched. You regularly get the top 20 on the grid covered by under 1 second. Hopefully they can keep it that way with the various new engines

Caporegime
I don't think they have any non V8 manufacturers interested yet. The rules are just being opened to allow them in.

I would expect they would operate a parity process to ensure a level playing field too.

Soldato
They are. The end of Swedish racing green down under. :(

Their reasoning is "We want to produce environmentally friendly and economic cars which are promoting safety-first." Neither fit the Aussie supercars' big engined, minimum fuel using, door-banging hooligan action. Shame really.

Soldato
OP
Reviving this one as it sounded like there was a bit of interest in other threads.

The season has officially started at Adelaide this weekend. I'm 3/4 through race 1. Ford have got to make some serious changes, I think the speed of the new Holden has surprised them.

Man of Honour
I paid for a full season thingy just to watch Bathurst. Might do it again this year, but actually watch the other races.

:D

Soldato
OP
It’s good value just for that race :D

The first 2 races this season have been pretty good. So close in the 2nd race after the pit stops.

The super slo-mos through turn 8 are great, they’re absolutely on the limit.

Soldato
Good first couple of races. Think the pace will even out a bit. Ford's looked a lot better today.

Timmeh, do you cast from a phone with superview? I had to plug my laptop in which is a bit annoying

Soldato
OP
Good first couple of races. Think the pace will even out a bit. Ford's looked a lot better today.

Timmeh, do you cast from a phone with superview? I had to plug my laptop in which is a bit annoying
Ford definitely looked better, pity McLaughlin has those tyre issues when he did.

I AirPlay it from my phone to my AppleTV if I'm in the bedroom or use Chrome on my Minix in the living-room. I haven't had any issues with it so far.

Soldato
Yep, sounds like Nissan and Ford aren't happy with the weight of the panels and being looked at. Laptop it is then by the sounds of things.

Back
Top Bottom