Monaco Grand Prix 2016, Monte Carlo - Race 6/21

Man of Honour
N5oeRsW.png

Monte Carlo

The Monaco Grand Prix is the one race of the year that every driver dreams of winning. Like the Indy 500 or Le Mans, it stands alone, almost distinct from the sport from which it was born. A combination of precision driving, technical excellence and sheer bravery is required to win in Monte Carlo, facets which highlight the differences between the great and the good in Formula One.

The Armco barrier-lined circuit leaves no margin for error, demanding more concentration that any other Formula One track. Cars run with maximum downforce and brakes are worked hard. Overtaking is next to impossible so qualifying in Monaco is more critical than at any other Grand Prix.

The Portier corner is key to achieving a good lap time around Monaco. It is preceded by the Loews hairpin, the slowest corner in Formula One, and followed by the tunnel, one of the few flat-out sections of the track. Some great names have ended their races in the barriers here, most notably Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher.

To win in Monaco places a driver's name on a list that includes many of history's all-time greats.

Both Graham Hill, the man nicknamed 'Mr Monaco', and Schumacher have won it five times, Alain Prost took four victories, whilst Stirling Moss and Jackie Stewart each won here three times. But the record of wins in the Principality resides with the Senna, who won in Monte Carlo six times.

The race has been a regular fixture of the world championship since 1955, but in that time the circuit has changed remarkably little. Slight alterations were made for the 2003 event, in particular a new, gentler entry to the Rascasse corner, with even bigger changes in 2004, with a new pit complex and increased spectator capacity.

TV Times

Sky:
H0NyNYx.png

C4:
SpZ2xwb.png

Track Diagram & Information

PIPmNng.png

Weather Forecast

qxPY2IG.png

2015 Onboard Lap

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/video/2015/5/Onboard_pole_position_lap_-_Monaco.html

2015 Race Edit

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/video/2015/5/Race_edit__Monaco_'15.html

Tyre Set Selections Per Driver - Monaco

CiqYkcwWgAACMnA.jpg

Monaco Preview Quotes

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2016/5/monaco-preview-quotes.html

WDC Standings

HFzCLsr.png

Constructors' Championship Standings

fWTLg9U.png

Pole Positions & Winners Per Grand Prix
ZibfDKM.png

Practice 1

KGYHnjQ.png

Practice 2

NSWZHjr.png

Practice 3

pver81I.png

Qualifying

rGqjdjo.png

Race

Y3YXSAC.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Shimmy.

It will be a parade, and Quali is everything; but this race hasn't been short of drama in recent years.

I'd just like Hamilton to have a clean weekend and finally get a win…

Caporegime
Sea of purple on the Pirelli front this weekend.

Still surprisingly varied though. I'd have expected everyone to have gone as many Ultrasofts as possible. Some people have even chosen 3 Softs.

Perhaps people are gambling on being able to do a one stop if the Ultrasofts force people into two?

Soldato
How long will the ultrasofts last?

I also can't remember, say there is a safety car on lap 1 and everyone pits, will the super softs go the race distance?

Soldato
We need a Hamilton win and a Rosberg retirement to close the title gap. This has the added benefit of giving us an upset Rosberg too which is a bonus. :)

Soldato
Monaco........ Yay.

RB have a good chance of causing another upset this weekend I feel if they can qualify well, I would say second row behind the two Mercs?

Soldato
I wonder how long these Ultra Softs will last and what time advantage they have over Super Softs.

Could someone outside the top10 qualifiers start on Super Softs, one stop and completely screw over the Q3 qualifiers on used Ultra Softs?

Might be a fraction more interesting than a normal Monaco race, given this is the first outing for the new Ultras...

Back
Top Bottom