Austrian Grand Prix 2016, Spielberg - Race 9/21

Soldato
Looks like Lauda/Mercedes have clarified(Backtracked) Lauda's remarks: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10463277/niki-lauda-clarifies-lewis-hamilton-remarks

And they seem to be considering punishing their drivers with suspension/fines if any more incidents occur: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...could-suspend-lewis-hamilton-and-nico-rosberg

Really what they should do is just make Rosberg number 2 driver or sack Hamilton... (Because Hamilton wouldn't be number 2 and even if he was wouldn't pay any attention to it.. :p)

LzR

LzR

Associate
Lol @ Lauda it was just 'a misunderstanding' Yeah right of course it was :p

If Mercedes wish to punish their drivers that's all well and good, but if they keep defending Rosberg and punish both drivers for Rosberg's stupidity, then it's only going to make everything worse between them.

Caporegime
[tin foil hat]

So now they have opened up the option to suspend drivers, which means as soon as Hamilton does anything vaugly wrong they will ban him for 2 races to give Rosberg more of a chance to win?

[/tin foil hat]

Soldato
[tin foil hat]

So now they have opened up the option to suspend drivers, which means as soon as Hamilton does anything vaugly wrong they will ban him for 2 races to give Rosberg more of a chance to win?

[/tin foil hat]

Well, so far we've had a 50/50 according to the stewards(Rosberg's fault) and a Rosberg fault. Rosberg 2 Hamilton 0. So you can guarantee that if Hamilton is the next one to do something wrong, he'll get shafted. :p:o

I guess Mercedes thinking will be, well whoever we put in the car will score points so its not a problem. Plus they'll automatically be the lacky/number 2.

Although picture this: Hamilton gets suspended, new guy is brought in for the next race, new guy outqualifies Rosberg...:D

Soldato
Can you honestly see Mercedes suspending either Rosberg or Hamilton?

Empty threats and all that...

I see it more likely than fines. Can they really fine them for crashing into each other? Plus a fine being something that actually affects them/makes them not want to do it again rather than say £5-10k or something.

If they want to stop it they just have to have a clear 1 2 setup. Even if they don't decide to publicise it. I guess they are just hoping/waiting that the engine penalties Hamilton will get will do the job for them?

Associate
To be honest I think Rosberg just needs a jolly good kick'in. Maybe then it will sink in that he can't keep doing this. I would be very surprised if Hamilton didn't go mental at him behind close doors after they both watched the footage.

Soldato
All they needed to do is hammer Rosberg for his mistakes in public. By not doing that they are almost enabling his current actions and behaviour. Unless he's told he's in the wrong why will he act any differently? If they are that desperate for a German driver/no. 2 just sign Hulkenberg and probably save some money to boot.

Soldato
All they needed to do is hammer Rosberg for his mistakes in public. By not doing that they are almost enabling his current actions and behaviour. Unless he's told he's in the wrong why will he act any differently? If they are that desperate for a German driver/no. 2 just sign Hulkenberg and probably save some money to boot.

And have some that would race Hamilton wheel to wheel every weekend free of charge.

Man of Honour
I see Pirelli was caught out on Sunday about Vettels blow out.
Pirelli tweeted 6 mins after it happened and said "it was caused by debris on the track"!

then they deleted it and posted the same thing later :mad:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/07/06/pirelli-confirms-debris-cause-vettel-puncture/

Given how many times they have been surprised by the capability of their tyres this season and how little was left of the one that blew, I will take their tweet with a pinch of salt tbh :p

It couldn't possibly be because the tyres weren't on there too long and they miscalculated the maximum number of safe laps, again...

Back
Top Bottom