Project - 37a (Wendyhouse)

Soldato
I'll give some background to this story.....
We lived in a 3 bed semi, my PC was in the front room and a brick shed which used to house my DIY server rack. We've now moved very close to my work and the house we bought was perfect apart from the living room is narrower so there is no room for my PC and there is no brick shed for my rack.

I did a lot of looking around at garden pods, conservatories, brick extensions and through various reasons none were workable. Fortunately thanks to a well placed family member I have found my answer! A brick built shed split into 2, half for storage and half as a home office to house my PC, rack and a chill out area for the adults.

Probably looking at about a 3 month lead time on getting it completed due to it being a "weekender" but at least that gives me plenty of time ready myself for it.

Name of project:
37a (for me as it's my home from home at home)
Wendyhouse (what the Mrs refers to it as)

Soldato
OP
After the early morning horrifically massive thunder storm I woke up to some what of a pool this morning.

Fair do's to the lads doing this for me, whilst waiting for the concrete they got buckets out and started baling out.

30-45 mins later

I also decided that a 7950 crossfire was "so last year" and upgraded the PC so when I move in I'll be running this

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Also looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Have always wanted to make something similar! What have you budgeted for the while build if you don't mind me asking?

I'm working to £10k for the build itself including internal finishing and the electrical hookup.

Decoration, internal furniture and other things of beauty I fill it with are "non budget able" but I won't be spending the Earth on it. I've already been pacing B&Qs locally as near where they mix paint they almost always have a clearance section of paint that is off shade so I'm kind of bargain hunting for it.

Back
Top Bottom