** EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM: CYBER MONDAY 8 PACK ELITE TIER FORUM ONLY DEAL!! **

Soldato
I would have been No3, had to talk myself out of it several times as I would have had to spend a lot more to do it justice. New case, PSU, 980Ti, new monitor...
:)

Associate
i have a question that you might be able to help me with. what is your opinion on the on board sound with the gaming 5p motherboard? the reason im asking is i have a asus xonar essence sound card which i am thinking of selling to recoup some of the money i have spent on this bundle.

ive got my pc connected to a marantz ki pearl lite and monitor audio silver rx6 speakers.

ideally i would like to get myself a good external dac but the funds just aren't there yet
I haven't tried it yet so I couldn't say how it'll sound with your ki sig (old favourites of mine the ki gear)

Simple answer is to try it - if it sounds right it is right!

I haven't looked properly at the Mobo yet (at work today) but I think the burr brown output amp is upgradable? It'll probably sound fine as it is, seeing as your putting it through the Marantz amp
I have an auzentech x-fi prelude which I'll be using with it - because I have one.
I'll be using external io boxes for monitoring music I'm recording.
The audio side of the board seems to be well reviewed so it may well work for you.
What are you listening to? - if it's mp3 you probably won't hear the difference.

Trust your own ears on it above anything else
We have all kinds of metering at work but I always trust my ears first

ps. sorry I missed your question - working on live TV show today, so a bit busy

Last edited:
Associate
Mine turned up yesterday with no haribo! :(

20151129_103928_edit_1448793784751.jpg

OcUK Staff
I think OCUK done good here, advantage given to forum members, over many pages peoples gripes addressed by keeping the offer open, opened again due to a tech savvy individual who pulls a joker out claiming discrimination, yet for most of the time its not a issue for them. If it was I am sure an email to Gibbo under the circumstances would have been read and replied to without playing a public "card" after the event.

Still, many people won out, if I had a E-ATX capable case I reckon I would have been no 3 on the original list.

Now I hope to see the Nvidia cards drop, even if it has to be on the next gen launch! :)

Would you buy if I looked into a MATX option first thing Monday then???

Associate
Would you buy if I looked into a MATX option first thing Monday then???

Thank you very much for the offer but I have now spent the required money on non PC things for this month.

Top offer though, I think having the option of a smaller board even standard ATX would allow more to upgrade.

Maybe not on X99 but any newer chipsets maybe its something you can do, work your magic on a bundle with the options.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Sorry but I posted on here about an offer and replies related to that, not a side issue alone. So I and perhaps others would rather stick to the main subject.
Aren't you a big boy now! Perhaps learn not to chuck accusations of discrimination around unless you know what you're talking about.

Soldato
hi
case arrived today which was an unexpected relied a bitfenix ronin. very nice piece of kit considering the price.

it is all set up now and installing win 10. but 1 possible problem if you could adviseplease.

my corsair gold 650m psu is semi modular and i cant believe it but i seem to have lost the extra cpu power module (my old pc did not need it and i removed unneeded wires :( ).

this board suggests it is needed if you plan to overclock so i am stuck at stock.

has anyone tried overclocking without them. i have never every heard of a motherboard needing 4 differed psu connections for power.

thanks

Associate
I can't seam to fit the rad on the Enthoo Luxe. Anybody having the same issue? The gap between the two centre screws is too long. It means I can only fit it with one screw?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom