*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Caporegime
I get random juddering/stuttering when rotating and general maneuvering when near stations and stars. Its not all the time and its irrelevant of what graphic settings are used, sli disabled or enabled, tried all NVCP settings with various max frames, vsync on/off etc etc. At first you dont notice it much but after a while it starts to really annoy.

I have EXACTLY the same issue!!!!

Try disabling SLI and see if that helps. The game isn't the smoothest going and I run G-Sync and still notice the occasional stutter but that is more to do with jumping in FSD.

He just said he gets it with SLI enabled and disabled... I get it too and I don't have SLI

Soldato
I had a 2 month spell out when my X52 broke and because I had a backlog of games, I didn't rush to buy another but thankfully I realised that I missed it and got right back into it again. I do hope these VR things don't get delayed or at least not by much and we can get hold of them quite readily. The last time I tried VR was around 23 years ago and whilst it worked, it did leave me with really painful eyes. Surprised it has taken this long in truth but with tech now, it should be less painful lol

Only problem i have with the DK2 is that it is quite heavy and a bit cumbersome (the weight and all the wires). I slightly envy folk who will be trying this for the first time. I can imagine the cv1 and vive will give a much better first experience in VR :D Prepare to be wowed!

Has Rift support been removed in with the latest SDK/Driver combo?

I only have a DK1, but upgraded to Windows 10 a litle while ago. I see no option for the Rift when running Elite... but from what I've read, at the moment if you're in Windows 10 you're screwed.

There is a thread here on frontier forums about win10 workarounds and performance etc but im sure plenty have managed to get it working...albeit its using the DK2.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=171061

I'm on win7 myself so :D

Also check here on reddit for a nice wee oculus sdk switcher

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3paivl/rtu_package_to_switch_between_oculus_07_and_05/

kration said:
I use voice atack all of the time in ED. It massively adds to the immersion. It just feel so great to say "Landing Gear" and hear your gear clunk down, "Jump" etc.. It's really easy to set up too...

+1 VA adds a ton of immersion to this game and is easily worth it. You can load in custom sound files for everything. You can also buy voice scenarios from http://hcsvoicepacks.com/

Anyone even thinking about it...just do it! :D

Last edited:

tbh

tbh

Associate
I think I have an exploration addiction.

I've barely been back in populated space for 48 hours, and I've already got bored and decided to head back out into the void. I need help!

Oh well, guess I'll just keep on going until there aren't any unexplored stars left to explore. Can't take too long, right?

Soldato
Just looked into Voice Attack and will be giving that a go once I've trained the voice recognition in Windows (can't do it right now as the wife refuses to pause her TV shows).

Whilst looking into it, I came across Voice Packs for the game, including Brian Blessed! Anyone know what these packs add? The trailers seem to have him having random conversations with other AIs and whatnot... is that all they do? Loop a script while you fly about?

Associate
Just looked into Voice Attack and will be giving that a go once I've trained the voice recognition in Windows (can't do it right now as the wife refuses to pause her TV shows).

Whilst looking into it, I came across Voice Packs for the game, including Brian Blessed! Anyone know what these packs add? The trailers seem to have him having random conversations with other AIs and whatnot... is that all they do? Loop a script while you fly about?

funny old world have been looking at this today myself, i have found a download for the voice of Anubis! cool as :D

any tutorials for setting up windows?

Caporegime
I think I have an exploration addiction.

I've barely been back in populated space for 48 hours, and I've already got bored and decided to head back out into the void. I need help!

Oh well, guess I'll just keep on going until there aren't any unexplored stars left to explore. Can't take too long, right?

Fair play to ya bud. I find I go out and a couple of days later I can't wait to get back :D

Soldato
Keyboard and Mouse works wonderfully - it's my preferred choice in Elite for accuracy tbh.

If you want a decent cheap stick, Cyborg FLY 5 is pretty decent and can be had cheap.

Soldato
Can anyone help me figure this out?

I was in supercruise headed for a station when I got an interdiction warning and was pulled out of supercruise and set up on by some ruffian. I despatched said ruffian and got a message saying I'd got somethng like a 5,000 credit bounty for doing so.

Here's the thing that I need help with. No money was added to my overall balance at all, so how do you go about claiming these bounties once you've destroyed the ship?

Associate
Ha, I am an idiot, bought voice attack, then went to buy the Eleite dangerous config files for it... but ended up buying some other voice called ASTRA instead. I was wondering why everyone said it cost $5 when mine was $10.

Sorry to be a pain, but can someone share a decent Thrustmaster HOTAS X binding file? There are a bunch around, just wondering what others are using.

Soldato
Can anyone help me figure this out?

I was in supercruise headed for a station when I got an interdiction warning and was pulled out of supercruise and set up on by some ruffian. I despatched said ruffian and got a message saying I'd got somethng like a 5,000 credit bounty for doing so.

Here's the thing that I need help with. No money was added to my overall balance at all, so how do you go about claiming these bounties once you've destroyed the ship?

Contacts option in the station menu, you will be able to collect the bounty there. Any bounties you have are also listed on the left hand panel, third tab.

Soldato
Contacts option in the station menu, you will be able to collect the bounty there. Any bounties you have are also listed on the left hand panel, third tab.

Nice one. :)

Guess I should really download the manual and have a quick perusal before going any further and getting lost, or worse.

Associate
I bought Elite pre-order but to be honest I've only messed with it for about an hour or two.
I did update it now and again but as that usually takes a day or two 0.001kbps I sort of lost interest in actually playing it by the time it updated.

Anyway a few of questions, does it update better on steam?
Is Horizons included in the original Lifetime Expansion Pass?
Is it worth playing or not?

Thanks.

Caporegime
Ha, I am an idiot, bought voice attack, then went to buy the Eleite dangerous config files for it... but ended up buying some other voice called ASTRA instead. I was wondering why everyone said it cost $5 when mine was $10.

Sorry to be a pain, but can someone share a decent Thrustmaster HOTAS X binding file? There are a bunch around, just wondering what others are using.

Nah, you did done gud and Astra is sexy :D

Soldato

£5 for Elite va configuration file?? Uhh what's that? Surely not some va commands?? Its very easy to set them up manually. Cost = zero.

Associate

I use this one - link

Back
Top Bottom