today i fulfil a childhood dream.

Soldato
I'd get so annoyed when I nearly had a full book, each new packet was simply more swaps! You used to be able to send off for what you needed (+ cost). I hope you don't have a few missing by the end, otherwise its a SAE + cheque for the missing few! :D

Associate
My girlfriends father bought the world cup album last year and for nostalgia reasons bought the completed France '98 book from eBay.

The Nigerian team in the '98 book had been completed with every player using the same sticker....

Dup

Dup

Soldato
That's a pretty cool one to do!

Only ever completed Blackburn the season they won the Prem back in the day :(

I think that's one I completed too! Those were the days. Don't follow football anymore but have to support Blackburn as we have some Burnley imposters in the work office so I need to keep the numbers alive. Although at this rate we might as well support Burnely! :(

Man of Honour
Can I have your Spurs doubles \o

I have the 1978 World cup Pinani completed somewhere in the attic.. I ordered the last 100 by sending separate batches off to my family. I remember the day i got Kevin Keegan!! Wow.. it was like i won the lottery :D

Associate
Me and my friend were talking bout these last month. Looked up some 1990 books going for £50. Doesnt seem much now when it works out more to fill one!

Memorys of a huge stack of stickers wrapped with an elastic band and the ever so got, got, got, NEED! swapping 2 players for a shiney. Think i filled 3 seasons, then gave them to my friend for some reason :(
No wonder my mum went mad at me for it lol

Soldato
OP
bb1db751.jpg

assuming rooney is one of the rarest.

looking for aguero and a torres.

Caporegime
Tingle,

99% of things are a waste of money in the long run. Doesn't make them less fun.

I remember doing this when I was younger. Would sit on the floor with my album. Packets of stickers on the left and a waste bin on the right. Would open one packet at a time and turn the stickers face down so I could see the numbers. Was always fun looking at a number and thinking "ooh! Thats a Man U player!". Hours of fun.

I'm on the verge of getting a box myself now!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom