Advice on Sky, Sky Go...

Associate
OP
Alright calm down.

I was of the impression that your ability to change and reset a device was only once a month, however not that all your devices become reset to nothing. Was that something you asked them to do then? As I've never had my two registered devices reset to nothing at the end of the month.
I am calm, I'm just bored of the witch hunt you seem to be on trying to discredit me with inconsistencies you seem to see everywhere.

I didn't get them to reset anything, at the first of every month your devices get reset, when you log in it then re-registers them on the system.

Soldato
I was simply trying to understand.
As I said, I've had absolutely no problems with Sky Go, so I was trying to understand why you yourself are trying to discredit the service and Sky in general.

I've had it registered on my Laptop and iPad and wasn't aware it resets it every month as you have no explained. I was of the impression it remained registered to each device until you decided otherwise, at which stage you could also only make a change once a month. I say that from my own experience because I've not even used my Laptop to watch Sky in a few months, yet when I try and use it on my iPhone, it says that my devices are already all used up. I'm therefore just trying to understand how my experience differs from your own, because its saying my devices are still registered, despite the month having lapsed.

Last edited:
Associate
I am calm, I'm just bored of the witch hunt you seem to be on trying to discredit me with inconsistencies you seem to see everywhere.

I didn't get them to reset anything, at the first of every month your devices get reset, when you log in it then re-registers them on the system.

They don't reset the actual the devices each month just the fact you can change one a month.

Eeeeeethan i have never had to re-register any of my devices unless i've removed them myself, if you have to re-register both everymonth then there's something wrong.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I know theres something wrong but no one seems to be able to or wants to do something about it, I always get fobbed off by Sky CS because its a "free" service as part of my subscription. Just because I don't pay for it doesn't mean I cant complain about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
They don't reset the actual the devices each month just the fact you can change one a month.

Eeeeeethan i have never had to re-register any of my devices unless i've removed them myself, if you have to re-register both everymonth then there's something wrong.

See this is my own experience, so thats why I was trying to understand why his is different.

Permabanned
I know theres something wrong but no one seems to be able to or wants to do something about it, I always get fobbed off by Sky CS because its a "free" service. Just because I don't pay for it doesn't mean I cant complain about it.

To be fair I have a similar issue with Sky Store......my HD box downstairs I can buy anything....the one upstairs I can't buy anything...(it used to work)

Sky haven't been able to identify or fix the issue and this is ongoing for over 3 years now.

Associate
OP
They do reset the devices at the start of every month, on the first of next month watch what it says when you log in to Sky Go it should say registering device, the system checks the security cookie that silverlight leaves behind when registering which allows the device back into the system without taking up a change.

If your system doesnt have the cookie or has changed in any way shape or form which invalidates the cookie then the device is considered as a "new" device even if its the exact same pc and just that something has gone wrong with the cookie.

Its annoying how there is literally no margin for error, one **** up and thats it.

Associate
I know theres something wrong but no one seems to be able to or wants to do something about it, I always get fobbed off by Sky CS because its a "free" service. Just because I don't pay for it doesn't mean I cant complain about it.

Get over on the sky forums mate and explain both slots are being reset each month even if you don't make a change, the sky reps can be helpfull on there.

You shouldn't have to re-register any device unless you remove it.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Using-Sky-Go/bd-p/skygo_using

Associate
They do reset the devices at the start of every month, on the first of next month watch what it says when you log in to Sky Go it should say registering device, the system checks the security cookie that silverlight leaves behind when registering which allows the device back into the system without taking up a change.

If your system doesnt have the cookie or has changed in any way shape or form which invalidates the cookie then the device is considered as a "new" device even if its the exact same pc and just that something has gone wrong with the cookie.

Its annoying how there is literally no margin for error, one **** up and thats it.

It doesn't work on cookies, it's the devices in silverlight.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok Eeeeeethan i've just signed in to sky go for the first time this month, it didn't say registering device, i even started a film off just to make sure.

I then checked in manage devices and both of my devices are there, one of them i've not used for months.

Open up microsoft silverlight and make sure "enable application storage" is ticked under the application storage tab.

Associate
Very wierd because my devices get removed at the start of every month, application storage is enabled because i can see sky listed and how much storage its using.

That shouldn't happen the only time it should say "registering device" is when you first use it, it even has the date i last used my other device which was months ago.

Soldato
That shouldn't happen the only time it should say "registering device" is when you first use it, it even has the date i last used my other device which was months ago.

Yeah I was just going to add that.
I just checked mine and it says I've not used my laptop since February, yet its still registered.

Don
Yeah I was just going to add that.
I just checked mine and it says I've not used my laptop since February, yet its still registered.

Mine also only get deregistered when there is a problem. My iPhone suffered a fault and was swapped out, loaded up Sky Go and registered the device with no problems. The other device is an xbox - which also doesn't get de-registered every month (else I wouldn't have been able to re-register the "new" iphone).

Associate
I have never had my devices de-registered, been using sky go for about 6 months now and have had pc and iPad registered since the start, not noticed anything different coming up ever. Hope you get sorted.

Soldato
it's one device per 28/30 days of the time that you change it.

with my xbox's I had to wait 28 days each, for both and that was recently...so stupid and annoying 56 days just to swap two devices lol.

if it was just the end of the month that would have been okay, but yeah.

Back
Top Bottom