Poll: Neknomination - retarded, or just a bit of fun?

Nenomination - retarded?

• Retarded

Votes: 302 47.6%
  • Retarded

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Retarded

Votes: 47 7.4%
  • Retarded

Votes: 81 12.8%
  • Retarded

Votes: 66 10.4%
  • Retarded

Votes: 99 15.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
So the latest craze to sweep the banal and inane world of social media is called 'neknation' - the idea being that you video yourself drinking a quantity of alcohol as fast as possible, and post it online, challenging a friend to complete the same task within 24 hours, or else be forever loathed for breaking the 'chain'. :rolleyes:

So far, it looks like at least 2 people have died from doing this, and it seems there's no shortage of idiots taking part.

Seems to me like a waste of good booze, let alone the stupid risks involved as idiots invariably out-do one another.

Darwin awards candidates perhaps?

Anyone else found seemingly sensible friends taking part in this rubbish?

Edit: Neknation, this man is doing it properly.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/02/this-...thing-amazing-with-his-neknomination-4288467/

Last edited:
Underboss
Saw some bloke urinate into a Rose win bottle and drink it, then another lad bit a baby chics head off, ate it washed down with a pint of vodka, 3 eggs, a cigarette (part smoked) and some creatine!

Most retarded idea ever invented.

Associate
Absolutely retarded, someone said they were going to nominate me and I told them where to go and removed them.

Saw some bloke do yoghurt, eggs, milk, bleach, fairy liquid, and WD40... some people deserve everything they get as a result..

Man of Honour
Neknomiate has nothing to do with the people that died, they died because they were complete ******* thunder ***** and would have killed themselves one way or another.

Soldato
You'd have to be amazingly weak or dumb to drink poison because you were dared to so yeah this qualifies for the Darwin award:rolleyes:

Soldato
it obviously started out as bit of banter - like the drinking games I used to get involved in.
Problem with this is two-fold:
People like to show off on the internet
People are stupid

Soldato
Popped into Facebook the other day to be greeted by a terrible, naked, squaddie who proceeded to pooh in a protein shaker, mix it up with chocolate milk and Stella and drink it/pour it over himself.

Logged out.

abe-simpson-gif.gif

Soldato
I don't see the problem. It's a bit of fun (for most responsible people). If you don't want to get involved then don't get involved.

I agree the people downing a bottle of vodka and kerosene etc are muppets but there's really no harm in seeing off a pint.

Back
Top Bottom