New cases...?

Soldato
Anything new and exciting on the horizon? When do new cases typically get announced? I am somewhat underwhelmed by what's available at present... seem to be some big behemoths upcoming, what with the Thermaltake Tower 900 and Enthoo Elite, but not so much at the smaller end (ATX/E-ATX, not mini). I was looking forward to the Corsair RGB cases, but they didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. Lian Li have a couple of interesting models also, but they are always price prohibitive (unjustifiably so IMO). I'm hoping InWin might have something up their sleeves, as they are one of the more forward thinking case manufacturers.

Soldato
OP
The Thermaltake Tower 900 reminds me of a vending machine. :D

When I first saw pics of it I thought I'd be getting it... then I learned how utterly vast it is... 750cm high FFS!! That's just mental. I wonder if they'll do a smaller version though, that would be interesting. I think the format is unique, definitely something a bit different.

Soldato
When I first saw pics of it I thought I'd be getting it... then I learned how utterly vast it is... 750cm high FFS!! That's just mental. I wonder if they'll do a smaller version though, that would be interesting. I think the format is unique, definitely something a bit different.

I must admit that when I measured it out I was shocked at how big it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thermaltake make a smaller version, they are knocking out a fair few watercooling friendly cases lately. Only reservation I would have would be the build quality, this is based on a few of the video reviews I have seen of some of their recent wc cases. Cost wise though they seem to be decently priced.

Associate
Anything new and exciting on the horizon? When do new cases typically get announced?

There should be some new cases announced at CES which starts 5th Jan.

Corsair usually announce new cases there, personally I'm hoping for a better looking alternative to the Air 740.

Associate
I just seen a video of it on youtube. Its massive. It needs a bunch of cheap cuddly toys in there and a grapling hook with a little joystick on the outer case. What was Thermaltate thing.

hahaha i laughed when i read this as its very true. ill be ordering one right away. i already have 2 x 480mm radiators spare so i just need to buy 2 x pump/res combo's and some more tubing.

it doesn't mention anything about a height limit on the res and im not sure which res/pump is on the marketing pictures.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom