Case choice troubles... could do with suggestions...

Associate
Ok, so... as the title says, I'm having a little trouble selecting a case. I have a couple of ideas, but each has some drawbacks, so I could do with input on my choices as well as suggestions for different cases.

Requirements for the case are:

1. Must be black, or gunmetal.
2. Must be able to take EATX boards.
3. Must have at least 3 externally accessible 5.25" bays, preferably 4.
4. Must be able to have space/proper mounts for two 240mm radiators, and ample space for resevoirs and pumps for a dual loop watercooling system.
5. Must be a windowed case.
6. Should have good aesthetics. I know this one is kinda subjective, but it should be fairly easy to work out my tastes based on the choices below. LED case lighting would be good.

Anyway, my two choices at the moment are the NZXT Phantom 820 and the Phanteks Enthoo Primo.

I like both, though the looks of the 820 are more my thing. However, like I said, both have drawbacks.

From the remarks of a friend that used to have an 820, the Phantom apparently has a lower build quality than one would expect for the money, and the dual loop watercooling setup would be a little cramped. I found the second point a little surprising, given the size of the 820, but my friend ended up switching to a Corsair Graphite 780T in order to be happy with the space for two loops, so I guess there is some merit to that point.

The Enthoo, on the other hand, is essentially designed with dual loop water cooling in mind. LOADS of space for everything, and a myriad of specific mounting points for rads, fans, etc. The drawbacks for the Enthoo are that he looks aren't quite what I'm after, and the 5.25" drive bay door opens the wrong way for what I need. Kinda minor points, but still irksome.

So... what I'm looking for is input from owners of these cases.

Is the build quality of the 820 a let down? Does it have room for a dual loop cooling system (photos appreciated)? Are there any other detracting points?

Is the Primo the custom designed watrcooling case it seems to be? Can the door hinge side be switched round? Are there any other downsides?

Also, can anyone suggest other cases that fit my requirements? Does anyone have any thoughts/input that may help me find a case?

Thanks in advance for any help.

[Damn, I didn't think this post would end up being this long...]

Associate
Well i currently own the Enthoo Primo, It's well suited for watercooling with various places to mount radiators. I currently have one 480 and two 240 radiators in my loop so rad mounting isn't an issue.

Regarding the dual loop, i'm sure this is possible but you might have to sacrifice one of the HD cages to fit the 2nd pump/res.

As far as i'm aware the door can't be switched sides, have you thought about the enthoo pro? or the lux?

Soldato
This is perfect for your needs. If you can manage to unrivet. I did it and got a great looking w/c build

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ante...timate-gaming-case-green-black-ca-220-an.html

This is what I did...

20140916_152220_zps6fqfhalf.jpg

10703383_10154659722060533_2028966262_o_zps1da0e8df.jpg

10703273_10154659714725533_512362861_o_zpsb467210d.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom