after purchasing an amp i have lot of problems

Associate
Hi there guys i recently posted here before buying an amp , i bought a bravo audio blue ocean , the problem its ,and please correct me where i am wrong , i connected my amp to a sound card , i am nob in this and i don't know if that not meant to be, in short i have a xonar xense that i think as a preamp , and i connect my amplifier with the headphone jack at the back , problem it's that i can't have a full sound most of the time only one side of the headphone , and other time buzzing sound , if i change adapter , the ocean as a big jack and a 3.5. it work , but lately it works only if i have the headphones jack inserted at half of the way , i don't know what i do wrong if someone can help me thank you , i did notice at the back the RCA connection i use does not enter fully but 3/4 could that be the problem ?
thank you if you can help

Soldato
You don't want to use the headphone output on the sound card, because that is already connected to the cards headphone amp, so you'll be doing what is known as 'double amping', which isn't really a good idea.

You want to use the sound card's 'line out'. As the Xense uses an adaptor for speaker connections, you'll need to use that and connect to the green socket on that.

What cables do you have? Do you have a 3.5mm jack to 2 RCA plugs cable?

Associate
OP
Hi there, thank you for the reply i have from the xense the extension with the 7.1 channel and i have speaker connected to it , so connected to the green color code , than i have the 3.5 jack that uses an adapter because the xense as big jack to connect headphone , that 3.5 goes to the" line in" of the amp , this morning i even bought a ground loop isolator , but its the same problem when i start buzzing sound , only one side of the headphone working , then if i plug in and out the jack from the sound card works for a wile than buzzing again . i am a bit confused . Do a sound card produce analogue and the amp digital or vice-versa , do i need to buy a transformer dig/analogue, the funny thing its that it work , it wouldn't if was the wrong signal will he ?

Associate
OP
Sorry reading throw i can understand a bit more , by now i have any cable in the world!. but yes i have the 3.5mm to 2 rca. i did just now try to connect the sound to the exstension of the card green jack , still buzzing , and i had to extract the headphone shortly after because the left of the hearphone stop working .

Associate
OP
I think I manage guys ,thank you, reseated the sound card , I added the ground loop isolator I connected the speaker exit to the headphone jack, and it seems to be working fine atm , thank you for the help . i will keep running and see if any problem come back , but so far at start , as no problem , that where i was finding the most problems , i guess i need an adapter for my speakers to use the same jack that all .

Soldato
Well glad it's working OK.

Did you get any buzzing at all when using headphones or speakers connected to the Xense, before you got the tube amp?

Associate
OP
I think i spoke too soon, just now turned on the amp , one side, the left , no sound again this is driving me nuts, i updated the driver of the sound card to the uni xonar audio could that be the problem ? , at this point , I don't know , i will try to open the amp too and check for loose cables

Soldato
Doubtful it's a problem with the Xonar drivers.

If you're only getting sound on one side, it could be a faulty cable, or possibly an intermittent problem with the amp.

Have you tried a different cable?

As for the the buzzing, that could be a ground loop problem, or could be a problem with the amp if different cables have no effect on the one channel that isn't working.

Can you try the amp with something else? A laptop or maybe a mobile device, and see if there are any noticeable problems then.

Associate
OP
Hey there , thank you again to take the time to reply , i will try to test it with other device and see , it will take few day , but i will be posting back as soon as i try it , i did change the rca cables , i will try to test the headphones cable too , and then test with a 3.5 from the card to 3.5 of the amp . will let you know soon what happen.

Associate
OP
Hi there, guys, so I have tested the headphones first they work just fine, I have tested the amp with another pc and work around with all my cables, and the problem seem to be coming fro the amp, every time I connect and start, after few min a buzzing sound come usually to the right side of the headphones, if I switch to the 1/4 inch jack it dies the same. After resetting to the two different output jack usually the sound goes fine for the day until I restart again, I change also the driver for the sound card reverse to the window 8.1 and the same problem persist. I will try to reset the tube and see if that make any difference as suggested by rids57. But honestly I don't know, I like the sound of this amp, but I start to think of looking for better option, maybe by bypassing the sound card altogether .

Back
Top Bottom