Haswell 3 screen collage mode -what Gigabyte board?

Soldato
I need to choose a gigabyte board that can support 3 screen collage mode supporting all 3 monitors digitally.

slide18.jpg

Does anyone know what gigabyte boards will support the above with all digital output?

Thanks
Jason

Soldato
OP
Giga-Man,

I'm a little confused now. The Z87 UD4H only has 1 HDMI (not 2).

Does the board specifically have to have 2*HDMI and 1*DP ?

What I wish to do is run 3 identical monitors digitally, and set windows so it's a single virtual screen. The same as Quadro Mosaic and AMD Eyefinity.

Associate
Jason,
Will you be using display port monitors or something else? If so, based on your screenshot above you would daisy chain them to make all 3 work. If you are not using dp, what connections do your monitors have?

Soldato
OP
Casual,

My monitors are currently just normal DVI, however I already own DP to DVI converters. Would purchase HDMI to DVI converters if required.

Associate
not sure it will work with DVI monitors because to get the third monitor connected, it seems you have to daisy chain it from the first DP monitor. I'm no expert on this so if anyone else know, please chip in.

You could buy a single DP capable monitor and plug that natively into the DP output on the MB then daisychain your DVI monitor (with DP adapter) to that. Then connect your third display through HDMI with a HDMI>DVI adapter.
This would be like the second row in your original pic in the first post. DO NOT BUY based on my recommendation though as i am assuming here (get proper presales advice from OCUK).

You can also check out:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/DrivingMultipleDisplaysFromaSingleDisplayPort.aspx
Seems there may be some sort of expander you can use to plug all three DVI monitors into but no idea if this will work or not!

Sorry for the vague responses

Back
Top Bottom